Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

6:22pm on a big news day - time for a message from one of our sponsors!

Edit: Next ad break:

3 Likes

Local 5pm news is airing in Queensland tonight. Jonathan Uptin is presenting news and weather with Michael Atkinson on sport.

7 Likes

Any reason for it being local tonight?

Probably because of the time difference between NSW & QLD. Once the Southern states move their clocks back in a couple of weeks, Queensland will have the NRL directly leading into the 6pm news just as NSW does.

5 Likes

Am I the only one that finds the voiceover for this TLN promo sounding the exact same to Channel 9’s intros and promos for NT and QLD?

Compare with: https://youtu.be/rMZUiYtPxE0?t=18 https://youtu.be/KA01jqVQWcs?t=38

And it would have only been about 25 mins long as the NRL ran overtime.

1 Like

Was going to say yeah, sounds very much like that NT VO. Probably the same person.

There will be a locally produced 5pm bulletin every Sunday for the next month or so- while the NRL is live in Sydney time.

1 Like

NINE NEWS SPECIAL

TUESDAY 2 APRIL AT 10PM

Budget 2019

Being an election year, Budget 2019 will be one to watch. Live from Canberra with Peter Overton and Nine’s Finance Editor Ross Greenwood as well as analysis from Chris Uhlmann.

3 Likes

It’s a bit strange why they have the Budget 2019 being scheduled in April instead of Mid-May.

I really can’t believe you haven’t already figured this one out - the Federal Budget is being held earlier than usual mid-May because the next Federal Election is expected to happen in mid-May of this year!

As for Nine’s choice of presenters/reporters for their coverage, no surprises really.

6 Likes

I would like to see them change things up a bit, Peter Overton does these things a lot, can’t they use a Melbourne based presenter (Brett McLeod, Peter Hitchener) or bring down Bruce Paige from Gold Coast (he would be fantastic at budget!)

Judging by the footage I’ve seen of Bruce Paige on the Gold Coast News in recent years, I can definitely understand why Nine wouldn’t ever use him on Federal Budget coverage - well past his best compared to the 1990s & 2000s IMO!

Brett McLeod might be OK but especially these days, Nine most certainly would want Peter Overton to be doing more for than just reading Sydney 6pm news bulletins.

1 Like

Anyone want to guess what is breaking news was for?

3 Likes

It was for the price of milk :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Wow, what a very important story…probably from a Coles press release. :confused:

1 Like

Coming Up: News so new it hasn’t even broken yet, in the new Oracle portion of our bulletin.

1 Like

Wonder if that new ‘coming up’ strap might be sponsored by Coles as the colours are very Coles colour.

2 Likes

They’re going down, down if they do that.

1 Like

This super should be used more often :slight_smile:

6 Likes