Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Seems to be an obsession of theirs. Can remember one a few months ago about getting the most out of “your Centrelink benefit”

It’s been that way for many decades. I’d say it started with the Extra program that was filled with reports on how to save money. Then when the news went to 60 minutes the reports found another home.

And in tonight’s Nine “News” Brisbane

1 Like

Capped just now. I often wonder if the live shot behind them is pre-recorded just in case. I understand there is a camera ontop of St Aloysius in Kirribilli.

And?

2 Likes

Nine News Queensland/Gold Coast Montages from 10th, 11th and 15th February 2019

4 Likes

Great upload Zampa. I have noticed since you moved from YouTube to Archive.org that the video hosting quality on Archive is far superior to YouTube.

1 Like

I’d like to watch them all, but the video player only supports 1080p capable internet plans.

More quality journalism from Nine Brisbane - they can’t be serious! :open_mouth:

1 Like

A worrying story made notable by the vision of ACMA inspectors with radio direction finding equipment!

1 Like

Not sure if this is the correct forum to discuss this on, but I find this poll quite interesting. TVTonight readers have voted Nine the least progressive network in regards to women.
When you consider that they have the first breakfast program to be anchored by two females; thier news reporters are majoritively women; their national current affairs show is fronted by a women; and their flagship current affairs program (60minutes) is made up of 4 women, compared to only 2 men; I think they are debatably the most progressive network.

Thoughts?

1 Like

I’d guess that Nine got a low result in that poll because even though they’ve got quite a lot of women in high profile on-air roles, with few exceptions the majority of their on-air female (and male, to be fair) presenters/reporters are Caucasian in skin colour.

TBH I was actually surprised that SBS ranked lower than Ten in that poll.

Not helped by the fact that Nine’s current problems with Today started when they reportedly wouldn’t grant pay parity to Lisa Wilkinson. A lot of commentary at the time of Nine being a boy’s club.

5 Likes

I’d say that result is nothing to do with on air presence, more to do with Nine’s infamous reputation when it comes to treatment of women within the business over the years.

13 Likes

Melbourne Afternoon News is from Alexandra Gardens on this public holiday Monday.

7 Likes

3 Likes

I’m a little surprised Nine didn’t do an NBN News on NBN News tonight (aka. logo cover up).

2 Likes

Technical problem, maybe.

1 Like

Caps from Gold Coast tonight

7 Likes

It wasn’t just the “First On” Super, but an “Exclusive Footage” Watermark as well!

While it’s hard to argue against Nine’s use of Ruth-Wynn Williams as the reporter outside Sydney court, I still think real progress won’t be truly made until we’re seeing NBN reporters on TCN for Northern NSW stories rather than what happens far too often - reporters from Sydney travelling up North for relatively minor stories and occasionally even competing against NBN (such as that time both NBN & Nine mic flags were seen at a Central Coast Mariners press conference)!

On a different note, I guess the “NSW Election 2019” report graphics might be of some interest even if they’ve been in use for a few weeks now:

2 Likes

Those graphics don’t look nice at all.