Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

That is the ugliest graphic I have seen

15 Likes

I understand it is just for Jono. Peter Harvey’s “This is Nine News Queensland…” will still be used during the week.

2 Likes

Personally, I think it’s time they replaced the Peter Harvey voiceovers.

He has been dead for nearly 6 years already.

They have had a good run.

10 Likes

Due to Nine’s coverage of the Oscars, a national Afternoon News is airing today (except Melbourne and Perth) to compensate the time difference in Brisbane and Adelaide. In these later states, the local edition will still follow.

A local Sydney weather forecast was still provided. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Plus references to reports coming in more detail at 6pm that are about NSW politics.

2 Likes

While you can understand why Nine are sentimental about Peter Harvey (particularly in Sydney, where there’s a painting of him hanging up in the newsroom), I also think it’s time for his voiceover recordings to be retired.

Mind you, knowing what TCN are like I’m kind of surprised they haven’t followed in the footsteps of their colleagues in Melbourne by having Peter Overton do the Opening VOs for Deborah Knight and the other secondary newsreaders (Mark Burrows, Sophie Walsh, Jayne Azzopardi, etc.) + the Southern NSW/ACT bulletins.

4 Likes

Did all markets get the report on the Married At First Sight contestant?

Promo:

BTW - there was no interview apart from this one question

4 Likes

Since when did this become news?

9 Likes

You can’t even really tell who it is in the last cap thanks to those logos!

1 Like

Brisbane’s bulletin gets worse as each day goes by

5 Likes

:face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I reckon I’ve seen worse than that, granted, it’s not the best I’ve seen either.

1 Like

What is with QTQ’s obsession with money?
These “special reports” are so often money-based stories.

4 Likes

2D pens. :rage:

1 Like

Is this a new study about money, or money for study?

Clearly the company has been trying to save some with these craptacular graphics.

4 Likes

Money Money Money

Wednesday’s news

Today’s promo

5 Likes

Can you believe this is the same network who in their Sydney news bulletin on Tuesday night, ran a “Special Report” about an investigation they did in relation to major maintenance problems at local hospitals?

At least a subject matter like that is a bit more serious and probably more likely to have lasting implications than the various money stories (usually something to do with saving/winning money, I suspect) from QTQ! :confused:

3 Likes

Is this graphic from a Nine News report, or The Price is Right? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

When I first saw that $3,000 graphic, it instantly reminded me of the graphic used in “Sale Of The Century”… It looked almost exactly like that!

2 Likes

Wendy Kingston is the stand out for me. However, the 4pm bulletin is still easily beaten by Seven.

A question Brisbane management need to be asking is “Would this go to air on the Sydney bulletin?”

TBH, if any reporters, editors or producers delivered the same packages to TCN management, you can guarantee that they will be lauged at, all the way back across the border.

3 Likes