Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Later that day …

:open_mouth:

The end of the Gold Coast news was seen at the start of Nine News Queensland tonight:

and a blooper on Nine News Perth with the camera panning over to the normal city shot during a story introduction and then the package refused to play

7 Likes

Whatever happened to these style of OTS graphics? Only ever used in Perth and only briefly, just after the set was launched?

6 Likes

Wondering why they were dropped. I quite liked them.

4 Likes

The font looks a bit 90s to me.

I’d like to nominate today’s Nine Brisbane promo in the categories of “Worst mixing of italic and bold fonts in a super.” and “Worst use of ‘embossing’ to highlight text.” It may also be eligible under “use of metallic effect for no particular reason” but that is a pretty crowded category :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Looks like it was made in powerpoint with wordart…

5 Likes

The story they’re trying to stop

Why would you put this in a newsprint graphic? Surely if the story were stopped its inclusion in the newspaper would be redundant, as the newspaper wouldn’t have printed it in the first place?

It’s times like these I wonder whether I have too much time on my hands.

1 Like

Powerpoint 2003* :wink:

1 Like

Was probably before they got used to the full screen OTS. I guess it was easier to overlay a smaller OTS than create a full size one for the main screen.

1 Like

Saw this in the letters section in today’s Herald Sun.

IT is with great sadness that after 50-odd years I am saying goodbye to Channel 9’s 6pm news.

It was bad enough when it replaced Laurie Oakes as chief political reporter with Chris Uhlmann, who has family ties to Labor, but following the merger with Fairfax, the biased nature of political stories is now starting to resemble the drivel put out on the ABC.

Thank goodness we still have Channel 7, Sky News and the Herald Sun for a balanced view of Australian politics.

M.G. Free, Mt Martha

Something must be very wrong with the Melbourne bulletin that he or she is not watching it any more.

Hmm…we can probably guess what side of politics that reader leans towards!

Not sure what the ex-Fairfax papers have been like since the merger, but I would’ve thought Nine News’ is reasonably impartial (perhaps slightly to the right of centre, but even so Uhlmann & O’Keefe here in NSW have broken stories which haven been entirely friendly to the Coalition) for the most part.

Lmao, Chris Uhlmann is more conservative than Laurie Oakes ever was!

5 Likes

One only has to remember the Gillard years. There was no bias, or even a mention of it.

biased nature of political stories is now starting to resemble the drivel put out on the ABC.

I can smell the conservative-ness seeping through this viewer’s letter. :joy::joy:

Your ABC/SBS inquiry that you jumped up and down for has already slapped you in the face. Thank u, next…

1 Like

In the past few weeks, the Early News has been using the side plasma for OTS vision to accompany their headlines.

Technical difficulties, though, today:

They have also introduced a metro news wrap- a top story from each state- and removed the live preview of what is coming up Today

5 Likes

It’s a good a idea, I remember 7 doing that on the 4:30 news a while back before they switched to crossing to the state newsrooms.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Regional

Brisbane promo - so glad they’ve decided to report “real news”

5 Likes

God the graphics team are going all out… what are they promoting? A blockbuster movie? :joy:

1 Like