Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Thank DST in the South East mainland for saving Queensland’s Nine News. Otherwise, either Peter would’ve been on QLD and Darwin screens.

They’re back!

3 Likes

Thursday 7 February-

Melbourne bulletin tonight had a longer closer with images of the late Brian Naylor and his wife who died 10 years ago in the tragic Black Saturday fires.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/1093419802436132864?s=20

14 Likes

Weather tonight was from somewhere near Townsville :wink:

Also seen tonight

3 Likes

So what does that mean?

I prefer iNews myself, but ENPS 8 is a good upgrade. The UX is much better.

3 Likes

Unusually long closer tonight in Sydney.

1 Like

An apparent issue with Cameron William’s microphone during sport caused Peter to lean towards Cameron so he could speak into it!

Whilst Cameron’s microphone crackled at one point, there didn’t appear to be any issue after all!

6 Likes

Also longer closer in Melbourne with images of Pope Francis’s visit to the Middle East

Haha, that’s a classic.

If you ask me, moments like this are at least a minor part into the success of Nine News Sydney. Couldn’t imagine Fergo & McLaughlin displaying their personalities on-screen like Pete & Cam (also Kenny, before him) do!

3 Likes

Very true, I can see Pete presenting for another 20 years or more and being as revered as Brian Henderson by then.

A big statement I know, but he appears to have few faults and appears to be well liked and respected.

5 Likes

Fergo would have leaned over easily. He’s a master at leaning.

4 Likes

Brisbane today at 4pm

1 Like

4:21pm and the 4pm news opens

2 Likes

Was any reason given for the late start?

Technical difficulties is all they usually say, if anything.

No explanation was given, just “the afternoon news starts now”.

So who knows? Not Wendy or Garry :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Gold Coast news has lost its unique look tonight.

3 Likes

Good. The watermark was disgusting before. Hope this is permanent :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes