Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Promos are still running for 6pm

2 Likes

:exploding_head:

My TV autotuned last night. Just realised I’m watching channel 5!!!

4 Likes

I’d love to see it happen but I think TCN would be more likely to take the Melbourne bulletin in the event of a catastrophic failure.

3 Likes

9HD Gold Coast:

4 Likes

Oops. Social media missed the memo!

4 Likes

I thought you were pulling our legs rather than receiving the signal(s) from Knights Hill! :laughing:

1 Like

If Brisbane has control room problems, I wonder what that will mean for the regional bulletin.

1 Like

Yes, as they have done momentarily in the past, and the same with Sydney 6pm news into Melbourne.

But it is usually only required for a few minutes until technical difficulties are sorted out.

Sounds like Melissa has to anchor the whole bulletin from Townsville. Through the TCN control room.

1 Like

Seen very briefly before the start of Brisbane news

5 Likes

So far, ordinary viewer would have no idea of technical troubles.

5 Likes

Back to Brisbane

It’s the news room shot usually seen when Gold Coast news crosses to Brisbane at about 5:55 weeknights for an update.

6 Likes

Mosart strikes again?

Managed to wipe out 2 control rooms

Sport

2 Likes

A (what i think it’s a new thing, I don’t remember it being there last year) that I’m not liking about Nine News is the 30 second “weather report countdown” at around 6:55 that is in a gutteeboxed section where the main visual and audio component is an ad.

Seems like a sneaky move by Nine to have a paid ad masquerading as program content.

1 Like

You know, that shot doesn’t look half bad. Might work well if there were local morning bulletins and possibly even the afternoon bulletin.

2 Likes

I think that segment was there at the end of last year.

But yeah, I really don’t like that one either. Also misleading, as there’s usually the Finance/Fuel segment (and often an RVO) before the forecast!

1 Like

Weather report was very SEQ centric.

Melissa was still talking as the bulletin abruptly finished.

The technical team did a wonderful job given the problems they must have faced; apart from not using the main studio, the delivery was flawless.

9 Likes

Haha, still can’t believe that my crappy rabbit ears could pick up such a clear signal from Wollongong!!

I’ll just go back to the 7 News threads where I belong and stop bothering you all over here now!

4 Likes

Simply overcomplicating a bulletin will have troubles if not mosed properly haha!

1 Like