Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I don’t know if they’d specifically set the shot up to include the news promo, but I’m sure they’d at least be told to have the TV on Nine! :wink:

4 Likes

I have noticed a small change to Nine News Sydney in the last few weeks that I have been meaning to post.

Reporter supers used to appear twice in a report, about 5-10 seconds into a report and again if/when the reporter appears again on screen.

Now it usually only appears when the reporter is on screen (or at the start of the report if not on screen).

3 Likes

It is a shame they won’t be using this liveshot anymore. The skyline in the distance doesn’t have the effect of shrinking Hitch.

2 Likes

Just curious; which bulletins were presented from this set (other than Today) and how long did it last?

4 Likes

I think it lasted about a year or so before the “News Exchange” set in Studio 23 was brought in for national bulletins?

Seven News Sydney probably got the idea for their 2011-15 desk from that one! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So cheap looking and outdated, even for 2009 standards.

2 Likes

I actually don’t mind this set :joy:

9 Likes

The Morning and the 4.30 News were- the Early News used a chroma key.

I too, don’t mind that set. They didn’t just change the plasma graphics, but they actually went to the effort of rearranging the Today set so that it was unique to the daytime bulletins. As has been mentioned, these bulletins moved to the news exchange set in 2010, allowing for news updates and later Kerri-Anne moving into studio 21. Before that set, a green screen was used for about 5 years.

1 Like

Which studio is that in?
I always thought it was studio 23.

Today, daytime news, This Afternoon and 6pm were all in studio 21 in 2009. I don’t know what studio 23 (the news exchange studio) was used for before the national bulletins. I would imagine it was only separated from the newsroom in 2010 for the national set. Maybe ask @blackbox ?

3 Likes

The 6pm news came out of studio 23 when Mark Ferguson was hosting (the whole thing was a green screen). From memory the 6pm news moved into studio 21 in 2009 when the renovations were done to S23 (national news was also done down there during the renos).

6 Likes

I don’t think it existed. I believe the newsroom and exchange were renovated in 2010.

Friday -Sunday
30 minute 6pm bulletins in Melbourne with Australian Open Pre-Show scheduled to start at 6.30pm.

2 Likes

EPG on Nine Sydney confirms this as well.

2 Likes

Fair enough to shorten the 6pm news if the tennis was scheduled to start before 7pm but a pre-game show? Not sure about that, Nine…

3 Likes

Who cares - it’s a long weekend and the Friday and Saturday bulletins are chock full of filler.

I’m yet to be convinced the one-hour bulletins are any good, particularly on Friday and Saturdays.

1 Like

I prefer 1 hour of news to 30 mins of news plus 30 mins of current affairs.

By 7pm, I’ve generally had my news fix by then and I don’t bother with ACA.

30 mins for news seems too short to me.

5 Likes

Obviously there was always a newsroom and a news exchange. Just that they incorporated it into the set in 2010- which is what I was saying.

The EP would struggle to condense all the news, sport, weather and consumer reports back to 30 minutes again. Not to mention that the 60 min bulletin has helped Nine maintain their lead in Sydney and Melbourne, which has struggled against Seven, after their lead in.

2 Likes

Possible error on the 5pm news with Melbourne backdrop and titlecard airing on the screens

5 Likes

Studio 23 did exist before the renovations (just not how it is now - it was fully enclosed). The 6pm news was done in there for years. Before that the news was done from an open set on the newsroom floor.

9 Likes