Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I reckon Early News 5-6am, Today 6-10am, Today Extra 10-12. No morning news, enough of that in the afternoons.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been mentioned but a year after this happened…

Brett McLeod has once again been mistaken for Alicia Loxley in the v/o, during last night’s bulletin.

3 Likes

Melbourne utilizing a live shot of Melbourne Park for the backdrop of the News. Looks good! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

17 Likes

Beat me to it!
Very nice change. Looks great.

5 Likes

Nine Gold Coast news being shown on the SD channel on the Gold Coast (LCN 9 and 91) with tennis continuing on 9HD Gold Coast. No advice given on screen to advise viewers of this, however.

Bruce Paige presenting.

5 Likes

In Melbourne Sport and Weather presented from Melbourne Park during the Australian Open.

2 Likes

What are the arrows for?

Wind direction, maybe?

1 Like

Nine News Perth’s 3 minute newsbreak in between the AO and before a movie on 14/1/2019.

1 Like

Slight timing issue at the end of Gold Coast news; seemed to finish very slightly early. The gap to the start of the Brisbane 6pm bulletin was filled with vision of the Gold Coast and the news theme opener.

3 Likes

Melbourne was cut off early also. Just as Livinia ended weather.

I understand tight timing due to Aus Open, but in this case they cut off early and went to a…

…wait for it…

Married at First Sight promo! Priorities most definitely in order here…not!

2 Likes

How long was that “gap”?

In Melbourne, Hitch was literally given a second and he was cut off.

2 Likes

About 10 seconds.

Usually the GC News ends with ‘we now join Samantha’ then the Brisbane opener starts immediately. This week there has been a filler (that was 10 seconds tonight) that I am guessing is something to do with synchronising the SD and HD channel on the Gold Coast. While the tennis is on, the local news is only on the SD channel while 9HD on the coast is a simulcast of the Brisbane channel.

1 Like

Ah that makes sense now as I remember you posting about the HD issue for Nine Gold Coast News.

1 Like

Nine seem to be doing what Seven did the past few years whereby they end the news a few minutes early to fit in an extended promo before coverage of the AO night session begins

The lonely life of a news anchor at Nine Brisbane - when everyone else is doing an OB. Samantha was left with a few seconds of awkward silence tonight as the closing theme finished early.

8 Likes

Better than the planned awkward silence in Adelaide every week. They only ever do it on ACA nights, so weekend and afternoon close “normally”.

2 Likes

No surprise as to where Nine’s report on back to school savings visited.

1 Like