Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Anything is possible…

1 Like

A problem with QLD not adopting DST, Nine haven’t got a somewhat suitable bulletin to switch to (and I don’t know that the QLD regional one really counts, as we only recently had that discussion here on MS).

2 Likes

Another improvement in the 9Perth weather segment as this seems to be more enhanced.

4 Likes

they would take Sydney’s news on delay.

1 Like

Hopefully in the future when playout facilities for SCA Nine & Nine O&O stations eventually come under the same roof, the first back-up feed for Nine News’ metropolitan bulletins on the East Coast will become one of the more relevant regional editions.

they’ll never put a regional bulletin to air in a metro market.

6 Likes

Yes, I know.

But if Nine News Sydney even completely breaks down again, I’d rather be watching Nine News Illawarra (being the regional feed closest to Sydney) as a back-up than Nine News Melbourne!

Jeez this conversation is still going :thinking:

As much as we may prefer the regional bulletins to air, it will obviously never happen considering that they played Sydney in Melbourne :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Unfortunate playout error when the wrong vision played during a story in tonight’s Brisbane bulletin. While the audio and captions were telling of a mid air accident involving a hot air balloon the vision was of babies and just as the audio was saying “as the balloon suddenly burst” we were looking at close ups of pregnant women. Jonathan Uptin apologised and cut the story short.

8 Likes

The latest on Jarryd Hayne from Nine’s second worst rugby league reporter. He’d be the worst if Breen wasn’t there.

1 Like

Danny Weidler… known in the business as ‘a man of not many words’ and ‘Danny Weidler and his 2shot’.

There’s a lot of competition for the title of Worst Rugby League Reporter in the Sydney Media but personally, I reckon Danny Weidler takes out top spot (the word “w***er” instantly comes to mind) with Neil Breen a very close second.

Not gonna lie, I’d really love to know (but probably won’t, at least not publicly) what his colleagues at Nine News Sydney and The Sun-Herald really think of his reporting. And more importantly, why both soon to be merged companies have stuck with Weidler all these years rather than finding better rugby league reporters!

2 Likes

I never liked him because of how smug he is, but is there something else about his reporting that makes people dislike him?

I think people really dislike Danny Weidler (and other rugby league reporters, such as Neil Breen and Buzz Rothfield from The Daily Telegraph - Josh Massoud too when he still had a media career) because their style of reporting is basically the sporting equivalent of Annette Sharp…if that makes sense!

1 Like

People don’t in particular like working with him. He is a man of very few words… he can be short and snappy and the smugness does happen off the air with producers and fellow reporters. Most people know him at nine for his ‘2shot’ and will often be referred behind his back as ‘danny weidler and his two shot’ or ‘danny weidler, a man of very few words.’

1 Like

Never heard of him. But after watching that video, quite glad about that.

1 Like

Jealousy’s a curse - Weidler and Breen consistently break big stories. Younger journos like Danika Mason and Jake Duke are learning heaps from both of them.

Nice win for QTQ last night. Amazing what happens when you focus on breaking big political stories -compared to story promos yelling at us about “HOW YOU CAN SAVE” or “ARE YOU AT RISK” Take note News bosses your audience isn’t as dumb as you believe.

6 Likes

just that one news boss.

4 Likes

There’s been quite a few interesting Sports Headline puns on Nine News Sydney lately, but I think tonight’s might be the first one that has actually referenced a rival network program! One wonders what the Martin Place newsroom thought of this…

13 Likes