Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

God that finance lower third is so ugly, don’t know why they bother doing it.

4 Likes

Oddly, I think Extra was probably more frequently promoted by Nine than the launch of Your Money! Aside from the loop which ran between the infomercial service dying and the new (or relaunched Sky News Business) one starting, has there been any promotion for Your Money on Nine’s other channels at all?

If I’m not mistaken, Nine has long used some form of live feed of Finance News from Reuters to alert their viewers about the Interest Rates Decision as quickly as possible but yeah…the on-screen graphic would probably look better if Nine could properly integrated it with their graphics. Whether it’s technically possible with VizRT, I’m not sure though!

1 Like

Do they have no promoter for the plasma wall for sport and weather or is that just an aux camera for a wide shot?

This is what happens for the throw to sport

4 Likes

This set hurts my eyes every time I see it, the camera looks like it’s literally on top of the desk and it’s such an awkward angle.

5 Likes

They have a fair bit of space in that studio but the positioning of the set (and yes it’s dreadful) could be laid out so much better!

3 Likes

I agree.

As it’s been said many times before, Nine Gold Coast News really needs to find a way to reinstate a live backdrop into their bulletin. Right up there with Sydney when it comes to markets where a liveshot of the city doesn’t only look good, but is an absolutely essential element for the branding/On-Air Presentation of a local news bulletin IMO!

2 Likes

And in the studio today we have a monitor with 4 camera angles and a joystick plus flashing red and green flashing lights :thinking:

That angle, colour, backdrop, set in general is hideous.

7 Likes

New sponsor for the 6pm bulletins:

8 Likes

Now, let’s see how long it takes Nine News to do a “Special Report” which miraculously praises Industry Fund Services! :wink:

3 Likes

So those things have returned to being aired after such hiatus.

1 Like

The 4th of August (I think) was the last time it appeared.

2 Likes

Nine Brisbane really need to come up with a new graphic - an explosion of $100 notes again tonight.

3 Likes

New angle

5 Likes

Possibly the most boring camera angle on television.

4 Likes

Nine News Brisbane the only commercial news NOT to show The Chaser’s Opera House projection - both in the 4pm and the 6pm bulletins. Seems like a strange decision. Nine did cover the Alan Jones’ apology.

1 Like

It was included as part of the night’s 2nd story (and probably would’ve been the lead if not for Breaking News, but more about that in a tick) on Nine News Sydney and got a mention during Mark Burrows’ report:

Still referred to Charles Firth as (one of) “the Chaser boys” when they’d be in their 40s (or close to it) now! :confused:

Back onto that Breaking News I was referring to earlier, the top story was about the search for two missing women and children after a house fire in Condobolin in the state’s Central West. The bulletin’s 3rd story was about the arrest of a murder suspect in Maitland (“near Newcastle” - Maitland is actually 35kms away from there, Pete) over a murder of a mother in Bellambi, just North of Wollongong.

Now were Nine going to put their trust in locally-based reporters to cover these stories in regional NSW for a Sydney audience? Of course they weren’t, with two more examples of “Sydney-fication” in TCN’s coverage of Regional NSW news by having Damian Ryan do a voiced report + live cross in the newsroom and getting Hannah Sinclair up to Maitland for a report PTC:

But aside from all of that, there’s still one Nine News Sydney reporter you can always turn to for some fluff ‘n’ puff! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’m still not seeing the problem with sending metro reporters for major stories in the regions.

10 Likes

I just can’t see how it’s economical if you already have a presence in that region - especially in Nine’s case, but also for Seven in Queensland.

I’m not sure if this is still the case, but the sharing of resources between Ten and WIN at the commencement of the new affiliate deal is a model that should and can be replicated by other affiliates

1 Like