Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Quite an interesting banner appeared behind Chris O’Keefe’s live cross on Nine News Sydney tonight:

It’s a bit hard to tell for absolute certain but I reckon it was a stunt organised by Sydney radio station 104.9 Triple M (including the guy wearing some form of branded t-shirt), who’s “Grill Team” breakfast program just so happens to be currently running a “No BS Grand Final Lunch” competition! :wink:

Also while I’m here, some use of the left hand side videowall for a brief segment on the NSW Government’s container deposit scheme:

4 Likes

Newsbreak

3 Likes

Is it just me or does it look like Pete has his shoes off the behind the desk there?

2 Likes

LOL, didn’t notice that one myself. Maybe he had sore feet!

1 Like

Wednesday

That season again.

5 Likes

Not very good timing given it blocks the questions and answers on screen. They could have waited until they did the chat in between questions.

1 Like

I don’t think it is too much of a problem with Hot Seat. From what I’ve seen it seems to take a fair amount of time to get someone to answer a question and the warning cover up is only there for 5 seconds or so.

Possibly the best option I’ve seen is where some US stations squash the program into the top of the picture to fit the news alert.

6 Likes

Prime has done that.

3 Likes

Although I certainly don’t mind seeing quirky report PTCs from usually straight-faced reporters, this one from Peter Stefanovic is arguably a bit too casual looking…

Also, it’s probably a good idea not to have reporters doing a live cross and a pre-recorded “look live” during the same bulletin whenever possible. This was from Jayne Azzopardi before the first ad break:

…yet only minutes later, she’s doing a live cross at Guildford!

Which of course, means the in-studio piece explaining to viewers that the time change for Daylight Saving happens on the first Sunday in October (which due to that calendar quirk which means this year it’s not happening over the Labor Day/NRL Grand Final weekend for the first time since 2012 and thankfully, also the last until 2029) was pre-recorded earlier in the day:

Finally, that increasingly common graphical glitch happened again tonight:

Minor in the grand scheme of things I know but still, this can’t keep happening Nine News Sydney. If it’s automation related, fix it up ASAP!

9 Likes

30 minute bulletin in Brisbane tonight for Riverfire at 6.30pm

3 Likes

Darwin must be taking the Sydney bulletin tonight, as it is still listed as 60 minutes in the guide:
Capture

6 Likes

Nine Perth announced that the Eagles comes home will air at 3pm tomorrow.

2 Likes

Becasue of the Trans Tasman Test: Australia v New Zealand on Saturday 13 October,

30 minute Nine News:
Sydney at 05:00 pm
Brisbane at 07:15 pm

4 Likes

Rare 30min bulletin tonight in Melbourne due NRL. Usually the only time you get Sport and Weather back to back.

6 Likes

Is it just me or is the lighting on the Melbourne set looking a little off? its quite dull and dark?

Cross to Corey in studio updating Trade Deals.

5 Likes

Quintessential Nine News Brisbane promo - an explosion of $100 notes over a supermarket background :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Aldi are fuming

4 Likes

Interest rates:

1 Like

Surprised they didn’t decide to plug the Your Money channel through this update (such as Your Money supers etc).

7 Likes