Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

It was back this morning. I would say the removal was laziness/different news director.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing this standing style of update before (seen at 5:27). (Note Nine News Now on the monitor)

Followed by usual Brisbane update

6 Likes

I wonder if Bruce is holding those pieces of paper just to hide his expanding waistline?

He would probably look better sitting down.

Jeez, they could’ve put a logo or something on the TV … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If tonight was Wendy Kingston’s last on the Gold Coast, I didn’t hear it mentioned. Though they seemed to be having fun as Bruce forgot was was up next after the bulletin :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Holy shit that update from the news set is SO BAD, I can’t believe that went to air / and that anyone from that newsroom thought it looked alright or was a good idea.

2 Likes

Bruce entertains the audience again - skip to 6:50 for tonight’s antics.

4 Likes

A new angle for Gold Coast update (as seen at 4.30pm).

See monitor in background for time of recording :wink:

10 Likes

Brief farewell at the end of GC News to Wendy Kingston “I might be back”. Also look out for weather presenter Jayde Cotic in a flume ride in this montage. (includes news update)

7 Likes

Madeleine Slattery presented weather from Melbourne Showgrounds on 4pm & 6pm News with the Royal Melbourne Show starting tomorrow.

It’s the annual tradition of presenting the weather from the showgrounds for the duration of the Show.

3 Likes

This backdrop was used for this nights weather preview for Nine News Perth.

And also back a few days ago, this one was also used for the mid-bulletin weather preview.

2 Likes

Can someone please tell me why Cameron Williams gives opinion pieces at the end of some of the sports reports he is presenting? Sport is similar to news. Not his role on a 6pm bulletin to give his opinion on Billy Slaters shoulder charge. Go on an opinion show such as The Footy Show if you want to give your opinion on it.

8 Likes

Not too often we see a live cross to Rob Canning in Sydney, let alone Melbourne!

Meanwhile back at home, I think even Mike Dalton seems to be rather underwhelmed at the fact we’re getting a Roosters v Storm Grand Final and had to get out the megaphone in an attempt to find fans…

Luckily though he managed to find a few places enthusiastic about next Sunday…even if only a Vinnies store, Easts Leagues and Skinny Dip Cafe!

7 Likes

Nine Sydney just aired a report on a stolen puppy dog in western Sydney.

Whilst it’s obviously distressing for the family involved, it doesn’t seem like major news to me.

It’s different to a young child being abducted.

2 Likes

Gold Coast News 5:25pm update - back in the studio.

2 Likes

Eva welcomed back to the desk tonight

Teleprompter unavailable for one story tonight

5 Likes

My goodness the theme mix at the end was a mess!

3 Likes

It was beautiful, a true sight to behold. Relaunch alert?

3 Likes

Some nights there is no theme - it depends on how close to 6:00:00 they finish and whether there is a need to ‘pad’ like tonight.

3 Likes

New:

6 Likes