Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Tonight’s Nine News Sydney Graphics Fail for everyone to point and laugh at…wow, that’s pretty cheap fuel/diesel! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just for the record, the actual average prices are $1.51 for Unleaded, $1.48 for E10 and $1.54 as per Deborah Knight’s voiceover.

3 Likes

Where, where, where !!!

Me: Mum we’re moving to Sydney
Mum: Why?
Me: Cos the petrol is only 1.1c/L

6 Likes

I think it’s missing the words “and some thinly veiled advertorial for certain supermarket chains” …

1 Like

With Sydney reporters dominating our 6pm bulletin for stories happening in Regional NSW let alone interstate, it’s great to see Perth reporter Cassandra Bain have a live cross tonight - awful news story though:

Yet another blank “Coming Up” Super, the second on Nine News Sydney in less than two weeks:

…and while I get they’re using the “V” from the Dragons jersey as the letter “v” in victory (and can also appreciate that it was probably made impressively in time to put on the air, with the bulletin starting five minutes late due to the game), this just looks tacky IMO:

2 Likes

Melbourne

2 Likes

And in Queensland - must have manged to stagger the reports across the east coast.

bulletins.

2 Likes

What, you haven’t heard that old saying? To the ictor go the spoils?

1 Like

Promo overload? or something for everyone in Brisbane tonight - all from one promo

1 Like

Multiple issues with Nine News Sydney in the first 10 minutes tonight.

A live cross to Alice Monfries had to aborted due to technical issues, and redone 5 minutes later.

A live cross to Tim Davies lost picture for 20 seconds but the audio and graphics continued - as below, Tim was meant to be on the right.

3 Likes

Wow, highlights on news related to welfare payments and how to not pay your bills on time and get away with it?
They’re really going for a certain demographic in Brisbane…

3 Likes

What is worse is when they warn viewers, in a special report, the location of speed cameras, “so you don’t get busted…” ???

I didn’t know that Nine would feature NHK World content

Whatever is available in the sat feeds, be it Reuters or AP. That looks like an amalgamation from different sources, not just NHK.

1 Like

Problem with Nine’s news graphics in Queensland tonight including the Gold Coast news with a loss in resolution, seems to be getting worse across the hour.

Gold Coast

Brisbane

Regional Queensland OK though

Graphics for the “Royal Tour” segment on tonight’s Nine News Sydney, with Sophie Walsh (a sign she’ll be reporting on the tour?) explaining the locations Meghan & Harry will be attending during their overseas trip in October:

Possibly a bit of product placement with the CGI QANTAS plane?

I also think the TV would’ve looked a bit ancient even back in 1992 and 1994 (years the old Royal Tour footage is from), but anyway…

Nine News Qld graphics problems back again tonight

2 Likes

It looks like the problem is the whole broadcast, not just the graphics. The driver’s hand on the steering wheel shows this. Just less noticeable on video.

1 Like

You’re probably right. It’s more noticeable today.

Continued into Brisbane’s news

1 Like

“Now to the story behind me” Pete says after a VO only story fails to show the footage.

7 Likes