Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I often say Nine News Sydney often airs better “Special Reports” than their sister station up North, but this (tomorrow night) is not one of them! :roll_eyes:

On a different note, Mathew Woolfrey making an appearance in the background of Eddy Meyer’s live cross (terrible story though):

3 Likes

Is Alicia sitting on Peter Hitchener’s lap? :thinking:

16 Likes

Omg not again.

1 Like

How does that even happen… :smile:

1 Like

I wager they use a layer in whatever software they use to make the backdrops. When they want to check that it’s “safe” (i.e. the text and important images don’t clash with or obscured by the presenter), they bring it up on a big screen with that layer enabled and overlayed, which basically feigns where the presenter would be sitting in whatever shot they intend to use. This would all be during rehearsals.

Obviously they forgot to disable that layer before going to air.

11 Likes

With the days (slowly) getting longer, the liveshot is becoming increasingly brighter during the first few moments of the bulletin:

Also, relatively rare use of the left hand side videowall tonight with Gabrielle Boyle presenting a segment explaining reforms to the domestic violence laws in NSW:

Surely I can’t be the only one who thinks doing something like this (or better yet, properly utilising the videowall to the right hand side Sydney is very lucky to have as part of their set) would make for much nicer presentation of the weather? It’d certainly be an improvement on the current set-up of annoyingly flipping between two camera angles IMO!

8 Likes

Interesting comment via You Tube about a Nine News report tonight. As seen in Brisbane, a report about a court appearance in relation to a car theft with a baby on board and the alleged lashing out at the media. The strange thing was that no location (city or state) was given in the intro or during the report; it could have been anywhere

2 Likes

Alexis Daish is the crime reporter for Nine News Melbourne and that’s where the report came from.

Nine News Sydney also aired the same report, with it being mentioned that the story happened in Melbourne during Peter Overton’s introduction.

4 Likes

Not sure if this is an automation problem or not, but reporter Gabrielle Boyle was in the newsroom when this ultra close up shot appeared.

12 Likes

Guess which channel :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

camera person caught out while doing a focus check…

3 Likes

It looked like it was more than just that – they also had difficulty returning from the cross. Here’s a video I captured:

6 Likes

Camera man would of been doing focus check and didn’t have ear piece in

1 Like

yeap, and then given the breaking nature they wouldn’t have had the right mosart command cued to return to Pete.

(maybe they were expecting overlay?)

3 Likes

they can use to mosart keyborad to overrun that though?

1 Like

yes, but if the overlay is the next event (and it’s missing) you have to take it to clear it (or float it in the rundown) then the next event after that would be back to the newsroom then back to Pete.

If they don’t do that, the next story won’t cue.

1 Like

Certainly a unique way to welcome magpie season. Was it mentioned on-air?

4 Likes

I imagine he still got to do the interview and file a report.

Yes and Mark also did a live cross on the Afternoon News

1 Like

The Brisbane newsroom has been fairly busy this afternoon.

3 Likes