Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The 6PM Perth bulletin seems to end with no music like how Adelaide does.

Not sure about 6pm, but from tomorrow the 4pm bulletin in Adelaide will be on location from the Royal Show.

4 Likes

Only in Brisbane

13 Likes

If you’ve got it, flaunt it.

3 Likes

Can’t see anything really worth flaunting there.
It’s just a pair of legs, most of us have them :slight_smile:

1 Like

As an admirer of the male form … there is lots to work with there. :wink:

2 Likes

Kept it all hidden during the afternoon news where Aislin was also looking very summery

Those backdrops in Melbourne and the Queensland bulletins look great - Sydney on the other hand looks terrible with their background.

5 Likes

Yep, there are major metropolitan markets where live backdrops of the city are absolutely essential for every local TV news bulletin. Sydney is one of them!

1 Like

It’s not a live shot though, it’s that horrible swirly Opera House monstrosity!

3 Likes

I know, the fact that Seven use liveshots in Sydney at 4pm & 6pm (allbeit, different angles for each bulletin) is one of the very few things they get right while Nine gets it oh so wrong.

2 Likes

Thats how they dress up there!

Will McDonald is at the Royal Adelaide Show today.

7 Likes

The Gold Coast add-on to news supers was missing for the first half of the 5.30pm news tonight. It returned later in the bulletin.

Bruce was horrified.

7 Likes

Garry Youngberry is out west for Nine Brisbane at the Birdsville races.

2 Likes

New Nine News Peter Overton promo airing in Sydney:

Something different to what we’ve become accustomed to from Nine.

5 Likes

That style of promo has occasionally been airing since at least mid-July (possibly earlier), but only updated for different stories.

The first cap with “the idiots” - that line is just asking to be taken out of context, although I can’t think of anything good right now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I must not be watching enough free to air television. Haven’t seen anything like that. Same “the news” end tag been in use for that long?

Yep, same one.

Personally I would’ve preferred to see an Promo Endtag with both Peter Overton & Deborah Knight standing together (I guess in a similar style to the publicity still sent out with the “Nine News Sydney #1 for 2018” press release) but maybe that’s just me.

3 Likes

Nine News will air this Saturday (8/9/2018) at 4:30pm AEST in Sydney and Brisbane for 30 minutes due to the NRL elimination final match.

5 Likes