Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Yesterday morning during the telethon between 9am and 11.30am, they had three extended news updates because of the absence of Today Extra:

2 Likes

Did someone steal the desk?

4 Likes

Yes. Aldi needed a few more checkout desks so they called.

The Nine News Desk, perfect for processing Nine Aldi customers at a time

7 Likes

Chris not happy about being split into two different places at once:

And from earlier in the update, no boxes at all:

13 Likes

Why have they been using their Finance Editor for political stories?

1 Like

Because of the business tax cuts that were dropped.

4 Likes

Promo for Brisbane tonight

Plus also:

3 Likes

Good to see Nine News Queensland covering the big issues! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

The important news doesn’t wait even when there is a Liberal leadership challenge.

3 Likes

Those promo lines are ethically questionable. :thinking:

2 Likes

Sydney has the cheapest phone plan “special report” tonight too.

That’s an interesting segue.

Tonight’s Sydney bulletin

4 Likes

Good to see that it was HD out of Canberra too.

Would be great if they can upgrade their Canberra studio (where Chris Uhlman reports from) to HD too.

3 Likes

Interesting how Chris O’Keefe travelled down to Canberra with Pete. Although I’d be equally happy if he stay in Sydney and continue to give Macquarie Street MPs a hard time, surely I’m not the only one who thinks COK would be worthy of a promotion to a Federal Politics reporting position in Canberra at some point in the future? :slight_smile:

That last graphic almost looks like something Seven might’ve used circa 2013-16.

5 Likes

Have just been viewing the Brisbane bulletin to see if there was a report on the “bully campaign” that was seen in the promo caps TV Cynic posted. I have a sneaking suspicion Uhlmann has been told to cease fire on the likes of Jones, Hadley and the News Corp RWNJ bullies who have been “waging war” against Turnbull. No mention of it on Nine’s evening bulletins. I did see it discussed on the ABC earlier this evening, though.

Brisbane bulletin seems different in structure to Sydney’s news. No sport or weather preview early in the bulletin and a little more international news.

2 Likes

“Brisbane” looking rather cold in this live cross :cold_face:

11 Likes

Nine’s Parliament Camera has a really nice view of a Win News Cameraman :joy:

4 Likes

Seven’s Peter Mitchell seen in this shot, along with the Win News cameraman.

4 Likes

Brisbane promo

Plus!

Melissa in Canberra

5 Likes