Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Obviously not feature story worthy - but I’d be interested in that - two of the Woolworths stores near me are undergoing a huge and fairly disruptive renovation, would be nice to see what that’s all going to end up being.

No idea when they should be showing a report like that - but I can kinda see why people might be interested.

4 Likes

Aldi would not approve.

2 Likes

That should mean if Coles (or even Aldi) opens such a new store, Nine Brisbane should be covering that too in order to be seen as impartial.

The story was about Woolworths 3.0 stores but it closed with info that as well as Woolworths updating stores, Coles will spend $500m updating 200 stores and Aldi $1 billion to redesign all of its stores.

3 Likes
1 Like

Do you have the corresponding figures for Ten and ABC? Interesting to see if viewers are migrating to Ten and ABC or if they’re all shifting online.

1 Like

Latest request for contributions - also includes sample update and opener from tonight.

4 Likes

Gosnells has been replaced with Midland on tomorrows predicted weather forecast for the metropolitan coverage of Nine Perth’s weather segment.

Nine News victim blaming.

5 Likes

Kelly Fedor’s report seemed OK and at least there was a mention of Lifeline after the report (Side note: Does anyone know if the networks have legal or editorial obligations to mention these types of numbers after certain stories?), but hopefully Media Watch has a thing or two to say about the report intro, of which the text in the Facebook post is basically a summarised version.

2 Likes

I believe they are required to include a mention to a help network.

1 Like

A special backdrop (Similar to the ones used on Nine Live Perth but cropped and with blue skies) was used on the weather preview of tonights Nine News Perth. Would probably prefer this one as its main backdrop.

3 Likes

Victoria Crimestoppers:

6 Likes

The seven day weather outlook wasn’t presented in full screen on Nine Live Perth (25/7/2018) which might be due to time constants but otherwise, nothing new apart that Scherri-Lee has only been back a few days ago.

1 Like

Tonight on “Supermarket News”

4 Likes

Nine Perth overload…

1 Like

Sydney aired a Coles story on their new Fly Buys scheme tonight too.

Latest promo with Bruce Paige taking history

8 Likes

Like i mean’t that Scherri-Lee wasn’t seated at the end again due to time constants.

they’ve got a huge screen yet somehow don’t know how to fucking use it. Also Joondalup is the furtherest north, Mandurah the south and Midland the east? just change the orientation of the and put the coast to the south like Brisbane does. with this stupidity, Tommo presenting and Pav on sport, 9 News Perth really woeful viewing.

3 Likes