Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I really like Allison presenting, she’s excellent.

6 Likes

Friday:

Wednesday:

5 Likes

0/10 needs more frown

1 Like

Saw last ten mins of QTQ buleltin tonight.

If the last ten mins were representative the full hour , no wonder they’re in trouble

Fuel price trends were incorrect, diesel average much cheaper than true current average. Later graphic showed fuel at/near top of cycle, wrong, Brisbane is at the bottom currently.

Soon after time for their long hyped pre weather package that is promoed the hell out of during the bulletin and in the daytime tv.

It was on state school maintenance backlogs. Unsurprisingly, the best maintained schools are in the electorate of ALP minister Kate Jones who had to win the seat back from LNP Premier, Campbell Newman.

Both threw huge resources to the electorate in 2012 and 2015 and the fruits of these targeted campaigns are being seen now.

But did 9 report this? No, of course not, only positive platitudes for the ALP’s Jones.

With their two immediate past state political roundsmen, Shane Doherty and Spencer Jolly now playing ‘dazzle and decoy the media’ for the ALP state govt, their former colleagues at 9 are only too happy to regurgitate what the mother pelicans are feeding them from George Street (where state parli is).

2 Likes

Bruce is a perennial performer, loving the gig and powering on.

Nine also had a strange start to the bulletin with “breaking news” of something that happened at 8.30 in the morning!

7 Likes

most likely since new developments in the story came that the attack was close to an Aldi and that hair care was on special at Aldi. I think it’s fine

9 Likes

From last week’s Brisbane “news” report on half price hamburgers

Nine Gold Coast report tonight that the new establishment opens tomorrow. Note the use of Nine’s new tag line “First in Line” :slight_smile:

Chance of a report on the opening in Wednesday’s news?

5 Likes

Complete with Bruce eating a Carl’s Jr burger as he reads the news.

8 Likes

Your prediction was correct! :wink:
https://twitter.com/9NewsGoldCoast/status/1019487737362055168

Aside from it (probably) being free advertising, I personally don’t see why the opening of a burger restaurant can be classed as news.

2 Likes

It would have to be paid.

2 Likes

The theif who was ‘on the run’ while driving a car on 9 Gold Coast News was ‘on the loose’ by the time the story made the 6pm bulletin.

3 Likes

I guess this (along with sets of a certain supermarket chain promotion/reports) will help Nine Brisbane to get a “W” for this week after Seven makes gains in the previous ones

Nine News Perth has now added the metropolitan areas for its weather segment before the end of the bulletin which is abit like how Network Ten does it. Even where i live (Gosnells) is featured but what about Armadale instead.

4 Likes

This remained on screen for ten seconds or so at the start of the Queensland bulletin

5 Likes

GC opening story

Caption grammar error

And cross to Brisbane and closer fail - the bulletin did not close off but ended with silence and caption.

4 Likes

Change to Gold Coast news graphics tonight

Tonight

Previously

Comparison

Leading to this - so possibly an error?

4 Likes

Yeah, QTQ must have been having a few technical issues today as those errors (including that globe backdrop behind the two-way boxes) were evident during the afternoon news too.

I initially thought it was a problem with my TV’s aspect ratio. Strangely, it was fine on the livestream when I checked it.

2 Likes

Here’s Queensland’s bulletin with the blooper at the start and that weird aspect ratio throughout the bulletin

4 Likes