Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sydney just aired an apology.

12 Likes

And that note thingy makes the apology look like something out of The Simpsons.

4 Likes

It aired on NBN News too.

1 Like

The newsreader usually reads an apology like that. Can’t say i remember seeing an apology for an error in a news bulletin being done in that form before.

6 Likes

Not surprised that much of the report on half-price hamburgers turned out to be more advertorial than news; mostly dealing with the opening soon of Carl’s Jr.

1 Like

QLD is the fast food capital of Australia. None of those brands pictured are yet to make it in Perth.

2 Likes

The lady at Table 56 is just ASKING for that drink to be knocked over!

8 Likes

That would be

Some of the other chains mentioned

Taco Bell

MOS Burger

Plus Jersey Mike’s Subs and Little Caesars.

2 Likes

For the record, Carls Jr is actually pretty horrible.

1 Like

When did Bridie Barry join Nine? Didn’t know she left Sky

Mo’s Burger is Japanese and has been around for years in Brisbane.

4 Likes

Was just about to say that, Mos Birger has been around for years in Bris so nothing new there.

Carl’s Jnr has been open at Brisbane Airport for over 2 years now (June 2016) and Taco Bell in Annerley on Ipswich Road opened late last year.

I hate to further distract us from news, but I wonder if Little Caesar’s is just as cheap and bad over there as it is here in the states.

They are pretty bad. Interesting how they’ve made the Australian stores a lot more modern (following a precedent set by Maccas). Most of the stores I’ve seen here in the US have the standard fast food look or worse…

The tape rolled a fraction late

Recorded off a Brisbane cross in 5:25pm Gold Coast news preview - seems to have been recorded before 5pm based on background TVs.

3 Likes

Not sure how long this one has been running for but here’s a new, unusually minimalist promo (especially compared to what we’ve come to expect) for Nine News Sydney:

7 Likes

Seven’s version from a few years ago was far better.

4 Likes

Yeah i do not know why Nine Perth usually does the 4PM weather outside the newsroom unless or even if its something special (Eg. Kids Netball).

Tonight’s Nine News Sydney Opener + Closer with Allison Langdon:

3 Likes

Nine Perth uses the weather outlook (Which is now presented in full screen since April) for their weather update on 12/7/2018. However, the first time that they did it was back in Feb 2017.