Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

i voted for the nine news mix, even thought I have NOOoooooo ideas what they all sound like and what their differences are

Just search something like “National Nine News [year]” into YouTube and you’ll find full or partial recordings of old bulletins with their themes intact.

1 Like

Didn’t Melbourne use the ‘Dot-less mix’ for a very brief period in 2006 before reverting to their previous theme?

Yep

For interest’s sake, if anybody wants an easy way to find the themes, here are some clean versions (except Melbourne mix) that various people have uploaded over the years.

Original mix (1980s-2000; MELB until 2001)
National millennium mix (2000-06)
Melbourne millennium mix (2001-08)
Dot-less mix (2006-08; not MELB or ADEL)
Nine News mix (2008-present)

6 Likes

Does anyone notice on the nine regional bulletins, whenever they do a live cross. the background changes from the Localised background to just a standard image of clouds.

1 Like

Yes, it has been like this since the regional bulletins’ inception.

1 Like

yeah, it’s weird, I only just noticed it, never paid attention to the studio side of the screen until now, just focusing on the reporter

I’d love to know who decided on clouds instead of one of Nine’s generic news backdrops

1 Like

On the topic of the background, they really need to get rid of the fake set graphic and just use a normal image of the location. The whole ‘mock tv’ green screen thing is supposed to be a cheap way to mimic a plasma (and allow different backdrops to be keyed in with one take). All the metro bulletins used to use a scenic shot of the city skyline. It doesn’t make sense for consistency to use those tacky graphics IMO. The whole little screen with the place name looks terrible too. Why key a virtual set in the screen of a physical set?

1 Like

probably too tricky for whatever they’re using to split the feed, to split it 4 days AND handle the live cross boxes.

Snapshots of tonight’s NSW State Budget coverage from Nine News Sydney:

5 Likes

How can a story on the plastic bags ban be “First on Nine” tonight?

mp4_004078180image

5 Likes

The 7 day outlook seems to froze on this one (Eg. animations stopped).

I’ve always wondered, why do they use THUR for thursday, and not just THU

1 Like

The Early News was presented from studio 24 today.

1 Like

Similar to the “only on 7 News” story on Friday night about who is phasing put plastic bags even though it was announced months ago.

Some caps of a Melbourne bulletin last week via TDT:

7 Likes

I’d be interested to know how the Melbourne bulletin rates in Tas.

Here’s some more, that I missed:

4 Likes