Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Nine Live Adelaide breaking news opener

4 Likes

Bruce and Wendy react to story about church sign with unintended double meaning.

And the sign

The sign has been ordered to be removed. Oh well

22 Likes

Great to see Amber has stopped turning her back to the camera for the weather. Queensland have followed suit.

@killy06 And you say they don’t have chemistry.

4 Likes

After seeing that I think I’m willing to take back my comment.

1 Like

I’ve been noticing of late, Nine have ben using OTS graphics (split-screen) during their live cross. IMO, I think they could be more visually-appealling but the idea is there.

Also Ross was in with his studio ‘on-flooor’ graphics. I actually think it would look better if he stood in place of the desk, so that the graphics weren’t jammed into a corner. It is pre-recorded so anything is possible.

Nine Live Perth’s weather segment taken place in-studio on 5/6/2018.

1 Like

Nine News are back for another year of State Of Origin-coloured logos for their two biggest rugby league markets on social media! :slight_smile:
%23%23

Would’ve been nice if the Gold Coast used their maroon logo again though. Or if the regional bulletins (which will probably get some of the year’s biggest viewing figures off the back of Origin) followed suit…although I’m not sure what they’d do for Canberra. Do people in the national capital follow the Blues or the Maroons like every other state in Australia that isn’t NSW seems to? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

UPDATE: Nine News Gold Coast (or Nine Gold Coast News - what’s with them having different names for the bulletin verbally and visually?) have since updated to a maroon-themed logo:
9NGC

4 Likes

It’s catching :rugby_football:

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1004187129377779712/ICRUlr31_200x200.jpg

6 Likes

“ABC BIAS AGAINST NSW!!!1!” screamed Senator Fifield furiously as he penned another letter.

12 Likes

It’s the only thing you QLDers will be catching tonight :stuck_out_tongue:

Go the Blues.

When you can’t win games, I guess you can still try to win shitposting on the internet.

You’re bad at that too.

1 Like

Hot Seat’s studio lighting is ‘fair and balanced’ but Nine’s graphics are all NSW :wink:

10 Likes

Canberra is a multi code city, with plenty of AFL fans. For Origin however, it skews NSW with a sizeable Queensland fan base. Best to do nothing to keep everyone happy.

2 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

Gosh! You don’t see many grey suits on the commercial networks these days. Good on Pete for breaking one out :joy:

2 Likes

Speaking of ties, this is a bit strange, time for a quick wardrobe change between takes:

Nine Regional QLD

Nine Brisbane

There’s always one over achiever :wink:

Edit - later it got worse:

4 Likes

Imagine if he wore a blue suit.

2 Likes

At least we can’t complain about Amber not wearing blue tonight, haha!

Even better when you can get the reporters on the act! :wink:

5 Likes

And Scherri-Lee as well wearing blue too.