Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Late start to the news in Sydney and Brisbane

6:00pm:

6:04pm

6:05 start.

4 Likes

Standing start again

4 Likes

Why is this still the top story?

At 6.20, I flicked over from Seven and they were still talking about! Then, Jono said that there will be more details later in the bulletin… no thanks! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Nine did start 5 minutes later tonight.

… and don’t forget 60 Minutes… :clock2:

3 Likes

Not only was it the top story in Sydney, the first THREE reports (and rather long ones at that) and a live cross chewed up the first 20 minutes of the bulletin.

Sydney has only just gone to its first ad break and we have STILL not seen any other news yet, apart from a brief sports headline.

Overkill springs to mind.
It’s just a wedding for goodness sake.

2 Likes

You saw the ratings for last night eh?

News bosses are just giving the people what they want.

4 Likes

NRL states’ news finished in time for a 7pm Voice start.

3 Likes

Another weird promo titlecard from Nine

12 Likes

Which market was that from?

If you ask me, this kind of looks like something that may be from an earlier or rejected version of the current On-Air Presentation package…

2 Likes

Anyone noticing the red banner on the early edition bulletin being larger than usual which overlapped the Darwin and Cairns titles.

Almost the same thing when GMA was on too which looks like this.

That was from Melbourne
(video starts on promo)

1 Like

this is weird. it looks like this is a mistake and the other rings are missing or they are trialling a different logo for promos (eventually be on the news). It looks like something that could be used for 9News Now. The light blue of the globe is similar to the title thirds on Now. But the end of the logo (3rd image) looks weird, becuase it is just so empty. I know a lot of people, and myself, complain that the current graphics package looks too busy, but this is just too empty

It needs something, more blue?

1 Like

You’ll find there are MANY different versions / concepts of the current Nine News graphics that have never made it to air. I’d say this is a design and animation concept they had in mind in the earlier stages. WIN’s current news graphics were actually made several years ago when they were still affiliated with Nine, and were only rolled out in January this year, under the Ten affiliation (hence why there are some resemblance to Nine’s).

9 Likes

The titlecard graphics briefly used on Nine Gold Coast News last year was probably another version/concept originally intended for national roll-out but never made it in the end?

2 Likes

I remember some time last year, someone posted some original concepts for the current graphics package.

Nine News Adelaide Boss Dumped,
VETERAN Nine Adelaide news director Tony Agars has been dumped after 15 years in the role.
The network has confirmed Agars’ contract was not renewed, with his deputy, Jeremy Pudney, promoted in his place.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/entertainment/confidential/nine-adelaide-news-director-tony-agars-dumped-after-15-years/news-story/4e2b60744d169ee870f2c8559deaee7b

1 Like

On the move and notice that Melissa Downes on 9 News in Brisbane has a top on that seems to blend in with the darkness of the city backdrop. No jewellery on either, it’s not her usual look.

1 Like

Wearing the same as for her “Justice for Jade” report.

6 Likes

I’ve noticed this on the weather report on the regional QLD bulletin also.

1 Like