Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I noticed that too

And BTW, i also noticed that the shots now instantly changes for the weather rather than a wide view of both of them. Recently she now sits next to him at the end of the forecast.

2 Likes
2 Likes

New elements of Nine News Perth, courtesy @SamSamTV :

Noteworthy elements:

• 0.55- The incorrect logo on the desk
  • 19.08- The sport previews are done from the desk on the RHS (think it started around the same time as Thommo).
  • 41.35- Matt presenting sport. He seems to do all the stories from the mega wall and the cross back to the news from the desk
  • 59.55- Sherri-Lee now hands back to Thommo from the desk (like they do in Melbourne).

Overall, I cringed a lot through the bulletin. Why does Thommo yell during the headlines (and his news reading is borderline satisfactory). Matt needs work and Sherri is not the best, though I think she has improved.

4 Likes

Shame for a bulletin which once had so much potential. Michael ‘Thommo’ Thomson is terrible at presenting and the whole bulletin just doesn’t seem to click so well.

As many have said, sacrilege decision to remove Tim and Emmy.

5 Likes

9News Budget update with Peter Overton just aired during an ad in The Voice. Full Budget bulletin will air at 10:15pm AEST

1 Like

I think this is far too busy

4 Likes

Tonight’s Perth opener

5 Likes

I love a wide shot, but that’s just taking the Mickey.

6 Likes

Hitch sure knows how to take good shots! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

Nine News Perth’s weather for 11/5/2018 that also includes the HBF Fitness Tips seen every Friday before the end of the bulletin til its “Run For A Reason”.

2 Likes

Nine News Perth Promos, courtesy of @TranVids_STW (who has some good Perth content on his channel).

4 Likes

Well thank you for posting it here, yes i do have good Perth content on my channel (Including buses and trains too).

13/5/2018 Edit

Oh BTW

Which backdrop is better

During Nine News: First At Five

Or

10 minutes before the bulletin

1 Like

Not sure whether to do this post here or in the Presenters & Reporters thread since it’s a reference to both. But anyway…

Today was the first of Alice Monfries’ (at least) year long Sydney reporting stint:

A live cross to a reporter we don’t see very often on Sydney’s 6pm news - Elizabeth Creasy for an update/follow-up on the Margaret River family tragedy:

From what I’ve seen of her work over the years, Elizabeth is a very good reporter and I actually wouldn’t be overly surprised if she gets the opportunity to make it as a reporter in one of the East Coast markets at some point in the future! :slight_smile:

Also, there was another instalment of “OMG…FLOOR GRAPHICS!!!” with the Australian Space Agency Launch segment and some graphics which probably wouldn’t look entirely out of place on a children’s science program:

Finally, a somewhat unusually quirky report PTC for Eddy Meyer standards during the report about the guy from Bondi who won the 1st Division Prize in Lotto twice in a week - purchasing a ticket from the newsagency at the end!

As per usual, I’d be rather interested to hear what others think.

4 Likes

NBN showed part of that space agency segment last night, cutting in halfway through a sentence. It looked good, but NBN did a bad job of including it.

1 Like

Royal Wedding Super:

and transition

3 Likes

There is a new version of the “See It First” promo for Nine News Perth featuring scenes of the ANZAC ceremony, shark protest and the Bunnings fire.

Yuck

4 Likes

Nine News Brisbane has Suncorp for the current sponsored news headline teaser.

That can lead to unfortunate juxtapositions of headlines and the advert.

However, sometimes it’s perfect :wink:

8 Likes

So does Sydney…and probably all five metro markets.