Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Didn’t realize Nine News Brisbane are going to begin airing ‘adults only’ bulletins!

3 Likes

And it’s still Brisbane/SEQ-centric, especially in the promo endcap. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Nine Local Morning News?

No just kidding, another Automation fail.

13 Likes

I really like that angle tho :persevere:

2 Likes

Kinda the same one Seven Sydney uses in the afternoon.

1 Like

Melbourne afternoon news on location from Clyde North this afternoon

5 Likes

Great that GTV love their OB’s… Wish TCN would do something like that.

1 Like

What’s going on there?

They’re in the one of the fastest growing areas. Talking about the biggest growth areas and what infrastructure is needed. They’ve had a few interviews on this matter during the bulletin

1 Like

It’s nice with the Opera House and a bit of green there as well, but looks odd without the Harbour Bridge there in the right.

Maybe a zoomed out shot with both the Opera House and the Bridge would be worth a try.

1 Like

The Vodafone sponsorship didn’t last long.

It’s now Suncorp.

1 Like

Peter Hitchener just presented the top stories standing up.on the Melbourne bulletin, we have never had a top story recap until now.

6 Likes

Too much sky for me.

Not solely related to Nine but probably more references than Seven here, but some interesting reading on apparently what news viewers want

Viewers have spoken: they want the nightly news cut back to 30 minutes and fewer live ­crosses. That’s according to a ­series of focus groups of regular viewers of the 6pm news on the Seven and Nine networks.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/quantity-without-quality-in-evening-news-is-a-turnoff-viewers/news-story/

EDIT: I don’t think the link is working anymore and I can’t seem to get it to embed since I don’t have a subscription to the site.

4 Likes

Not sure about Seven, but it will never happen for Nine. Because The Chase wins, as a lead-in, it benefits Seven News. You will generally find that if you look at the whole hour, Nine wins, but break-it down they are significantly weaker at 6pm.

Also the better performance of the news at 6.30pm has helped A Current Affair.

Some called for more personality in news ­delivery. “Get a flavour of the morning news team into the evening,” wrote one person on a form provided.

“(Nine Sydney newsreader) Peter Overton needs to be less wooden, wry smiles would be good. Otherwise he is excellent,” wrote another.

Another viewer wrote in capital letters: “Keep Amber on please,” a reference to Nine presenter Amber Sherlock.

But one female viewer disliked that on Nine the women were ­“always blonde and thin”.

But on one story, viewers were unanimous: no one was interested in the latest report on tensions ­between Malcolm Turnbull and Tony Abbott.

“We finish around 20 minutes and then watch shows we have taped. People are busy, and we don’t have an hour to spare, it’s too long,” one viewer wrote.

“People are busy. I want the news and weather and sport. ­Interesting and crisp and tight.”

Another common sentiment was about sensationalist banners. “Get rid of ‘breaking news’ unless it really is breaking news.”

“Concentrate on professional content, less focus on trying to capture viewers with sensationalist images. No pointless live crosses that don’t add value. More international stories, less trivial local stories,” wrote one viewer.

5 Likes

Amber Sherlock’s a blonde? Since when?

3 Likes

Some notes from Nine News today.

Morning News with Brett McLeod

Wow! Must download the free 9 News app!

Breaking News on 9 News Now:

Gladys ‘Berejklian’

4 Likes

I don’t think they’re necessarily meant to be long term advertising deals in that particular window

start worrying when Gavin Morris has to advertise the newest Samsung device powered by Vodafone at the end of each weather segment on NBN. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

A lonely TV studio, Sunday night in Brisbane; when your co-anchor, sport and the weather are all presented on location:

11 Likes