Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I agree, the current studio 23 layout is ridiculous. Absolutely terrible presentation!

4 Likes

Promo for “Queensland’s Number One News room”.

1 Like

How does a newsroom get to be No 1?
Is that “best decor” ?

13 Likes

Reminds me of Anchorman.

My mock from the last time they ran this promo - there must be a big number one outside the newsroom :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Nine News Special - Royal Tour

Wednesday 12:25pm - 2:00pm

Queensland only

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, arrive in Queensland to begin their royal tour. Hosted by Andrew Lofthouse.

3 Likes

I’m wondering how long it will be before networks start promoting the quality and design of their news sets as a selling point. It’s all any of us here really cares about.

5 Likes

I think Nine have already done that. Remember the “First & Best in Sydney/Melbourne” promos they did when the current sets launched? And of course, that “Gary’s Weather Wall” thing.

2 Likes

The Officeworks “sponsorship” of Nine News has been replaced by Vodafone NBN.

3 Likes

Another example of TCN reporters going out of the viewing area to file major stories on Nine News Sydney tonight, with Elise Baker filing a report (from bushland near Mudgee) & live cross (from Bathurst Hospital) on the rescue of a missing three year old boy out in the state’s Central West:

For what they’re worth, here’s some caps of that:

The Officeworks sponsorship deal was probably only a three month long one? I also wonder if we’ll soon see “reports” about the cheap mobile/internet deals and reliable coverage (:laughing:) from Vodafone on Nine News?!

10 Likes

What’s with channel 9… now the “breaking news” banner across the front of the desk on 9 News Brisbane scrolls the wrong way! Like it does on the Today graphics. Are they just generally backward?

How long has Cameron Williams been sitting at the right hand side of screen so weather can be done on the left hand side?

1 Like

He only sits there for the closer.

Isn’t that a bit strange to move seats during the bulletin? Why wouldn’t sport be presented from the right hand side?

3 Likes

Of course, the Sports presenter already has to get out of his/her chair to do the standing presentation for the lead story.

But yeah it does look odd how the Sports presenter is seated to the left for most segment then suddenly has to go to the right hand side when the weather presenter needs to use the videowall on the left hand side.

1 Like

I was watching 9news melbourne last night ( it was sunday. No regional) is it just me. Or are the now using the same text and colours for the titles for each story on the screen?

I thought it was worth comparing Studio 23 to 21 after what we saw on Saturday…

This Morning:

Saturday:

And this one from around 4/5 years ago from Studio 23 - Decent Lighting!

11 Likes

More caps from this morning:

7 Likes

I think what makes s23 worse along with the lighting is that they have a shitty quality plasma that makes everything look dull.

2 Likes

I thought it may have something to do with the quality of the cameras as well. I don’t know whether it’s because they’re older than the robotics in Studio 21 (they were probably installed when the set was?), but the current picture quality from Studio 23 leaves a bit to be desired…

2 Likes