Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Umm, no?

8k TVs have 33 million pixels.

4k TVs have 8.2 million pixels.

Full HD is 2 million pixels.

4k and 8k only refer to how many pixels are along the side of the screen - 4K has 3840 pixels horizontally and 2160 vertically while 8k is 8192 × 4320 and HD is 1920x1080. Multiply the two numbers and you get the numbers of pixels.

I have no idea what sort of screen would have 13 million pixels because that appears to be some weird size between 4K and 8K. I’m skeptical that a 13-million pixel TV exists.

2 Likes

Are we talking about the massive curved screen here? I remembered a post about this when Adelaide’s launched because you could see the grid lines.

Edit: Actually after watching this video, Brenton says the curved screen, with all the other screens in the Adelaide studio, combines to 13 million pixels altogether.

1 Like

Nine just aired a Breaking News update with Clint Stanaway interviewing Hugh Marks and Tennis Australia boss regarding the huge tennis rights acquisition.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Adelaide ad:

8 Likes

Adelaide fringe?

What do they mean by that?

3 Likes

It’s the Adelaide Fringe Festival, comedy shows and the like, goes through March.

7 Likes

Ah thanks!

I was thinking they meant Gawler, the Hills and down past Noarlunga.

2 Likes

Not much coming up

9 Likes

Welcome to Adelaide, where we chuck every conceivable event into one month of the year: Mad March!

Fringe Festival, Supercars, Adelaide Arts Festival, WOMAD, etc.

6 Likes

Nine Sydney just INTERRUPTED a commercial break to cross to the Cameron Bancroft press conference.

4 Likes

Same in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Happened to all of the bulletins on air at the time, Adelaide showed it aswell.

2 Likes

From the Facebook stream of the press conference:

7 Likes

Shouldn’t that be “FIRST ON STREAM OVER”

24 Likes

Today and Nine News unavailable on stream.

And something different for Perth:

5 Likes

A few presentational points of interest from tonight’s Nine News Sydney.

Firstly, yet another example of TCN shipping reporters to NBN-land when major stories happen up there (although this time it seems NBN actually used the TCN report, probably because it was Good Friday) with Tiffiny Genders reporting in Pokolbin for tonight’s lead story of the hot air balloon crash:

Secondly, Deborah Knight presented the headline recap seated tonight (I’ve mainly only seen Georgie Gardner do this before, with other presenters standing):

…and as far as I’m aware, tonight was Belinda’s first Sydney 6pm forecast since the new weather presentation style was introduced:

TBH, I still don’t think this new style of weather presentation should’ve been implemented in the Sydney market. If I was Darren Wick/Simon Hobbs, I’d be paying very close attention to the weather segment on Seven News Sydney. Seven’s additional suburban/state forecast locations could be worth looking at for the weather on Nine, along with maybe a “feels like” index which isn’t as tacky as Seven’s with the “Sydney Comfort Index” brand and the emoticons!

10 Likes

A rare news break on a Saturday aired today covering the Cricket Scandal:

Courtesy: @SEQTelevision

4 Likes

The studio lighting in Studio 3 is seriously bad, Amelia looks like she’s aged 20+ years in that lighting. Honestly I don’t get what was wrong with the news exchange set up, the lighting was so much better.

5 Likes

Reminds me of Jerry Seinfeld’s girlfriend in “The Strike” episode (where she looks beautiful one minute and ugly the next :slight_smile: )

2 Likes