Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

They sounded heavy judging by the " click clack " which was being picked up by the microphone.

The set is quite a danger zone for falls and while i’m sure it’s all OH&S triple-approved, Peter Hitchener still warns all of his guests to “watch their step” when he takes them on a studio tour :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I highly doubt it would meet OH&S, the edge of the steps should have something like orange stripes to be more visible and be non slip rubber.

Of course that wouldn’t look very good on TV.

Morning News automation stuff ups:

Surely, since the Morning/Afternoon News bulletin has moved to Studio 21 there has been more automation stuff ups… here’s a few from Studio 23… Even though that Livinia one is more when she missed the cue!

7 Likes

Problems with the opener in Perth tonight. Thommo at the desk on screen the whole time whilst his voiceover played the headlines. The images were there but Thommo was over the top most prominent.

3 Likes

Here it is:

8 Likes

Don’t know what was said… but it must of been hilarious for a reaction like this from Belinda…

15 Likes

Is anyone else having trouble actually watching this clip?

I can hear the audio perfectly fine… But can’t see any pictures?

The infection has spread to Nine’s weekend bulletin in Brisbane - from last night:

The promo

The “story”

Thanks Debbie from Adenbroook Homes :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Is ‘First on Real Estate’ even grammatically correct? Wouldn’t be surprised since there graphics department cant spell.

6 Likes

I think it should be ‘First for Real Estate’.

7 Likes

No, it isn’t grammatically correct in the sense of the 3 words on screen, but it is probably supposed to be short for something (First with a report on real estate??) and fits with their pattern for other reports.

First on [the topic of] Real Estate

1 Like

I think it’s possibly First with news on … real estate, health, your budget (which have been seen). The one it doesn’t work with that has been used is First on Breaking News.

1 Like

As well as ‘First on 9 News’

I also think that if it needs to be broken down in order to understand it, then it’s a stupid tag line.

Great use of the set tonight here in Sydney - hope someone could get caps!

1 Like

15 Likes

I’ve noticed that lately they have a lot more shots with the cameras in view. Looks good!

1 Like

Judging by tonight’s Nine News Sydney it appears that they are/have been experimenting with the camera angles a bit lately. The different style for the Weather Preview presentation might be permanent now, at least for the Sunday-Thursday bulletins.

Also, what’s with these “Exclusive” Peter Overton interviews with Gladys Berejiklian (tonight) and Luke Foley (tomorrow night) airing during the Easter non-ratings break?

2 Likes

If Nine took a photograph of the angle in that second cap (with a blank screen backdrop) and keyed it behind the regional presenters on a green screen. Key in your own OTS and hey presto, fake standing presentation for the regional bulletins.

Though would a green screen halo be an issue?

4 Likes