Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Lol! This error isn’t a bad as the “unexceptable” spelling error they made a few weeks ago, but still, it shouldn’t be hard to get this right.

They should hire one of those spelling bee kids to help them out, it’d be cheap labour at the cost of a couple of ice creams per night :blush:

3 Likes

Due to the coverage of the Academy Awards, an Afternoon News bulletin from Sydney will be airing in Brisbane and Adelaide to compensate the time difference.

1 Like

So I guess that Sydney will have to watch a nationalised version of the Afternoon News (rather than the usual local edition) for one day, like we did over the Summer?

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make more sense of them to put Nine News Now on a 30 minute delay rather than irrelevant news?

Edit: or it will be a national bulletin, which is just as wasteful.

I daresay it will be a national bulletin. Brisbane and Adelaide will still get local Afternoon News as well. Sydney will one the only one without it.

1 Like

Mm, I jumped to conclusions without realising NNN will only be 30 minutes, so they couldn’t have done that anyway.

Nine’s Sydney afternoon 4pm news is currently being shown in Brisbane… unless it’s a national bulletin with Sydney in the super and the Opera house backdrop :thinking:

1 Like

They had an hour to think up something extra to put in the super but couldn’t :slight_smile:

Previously posted

Meghan’s Hens? Is that story supposed to be about these hen’s? :chicken:

5 Likes

The bulletin started off using national graphics, but then switched to Sydney ones at 4.30pm:

5 Likes

Whilst Adelaide viewers were farewelled at 4.30 AEDST, they seemed to have forgotten that Queensland was still watching…

1 Like

Studio light went out on Lofthouse whilst standing. Brisbane bulletin.

2 Likes

Did he make a Hendo like quip about needing to put 20 cents in the meter?

4 Likes

5 Likes

No. I’ve rarely heard witty quips on-air from Lofty.

1 Like

Yes. We had the Sydney news from 3-4 and then the local edition of Nine Live from 4-5.

You need a personality for that.

6 Likes

The Lofthouse 2000 is not programmed for humour.

15 Likes

Oh it wasn’t quite that dark then…

Hendo was pretty much a dark shadow in this one that I was referring to… I just had a look for it on YouTube but couldn’t find it.

The best clip I could find of that famous bulletin from June 1993 was 5.38 mark of this.

If I’m not mistaken, Ken Sutcliffe said something among the lines of “Nice to see you again!” at the cross to sport that night! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one… thanks!

2 Likes