Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Might as well whip up a promo with Jess Rowe and their kids endorsing him while they are at it.

8 Likes

Or Bazza the next door neighbour in thongs and flanette shirt, with ciggie and stubby in hand… “Oh geez he’s a top bloke that Peter, ain’t he! Gave me a hot tip on the horses the other day”.

6 Likes

I don’t think you’re going to find a “Bazza” in Pete’s Rose Bay neighbourhood. Not even in the Rose Bay Hotel.

5 Likes

You really think Pete lives next to a Bazza who wears thongs and flanette shirt, with ciggie and stubby in hand? haha

2 Likes

Sorry, I should have added an emoji to my post… Like this one :rofl:

1 Like

Something along the lines of…

“ I can always trust Pete with the news! I even trust him when he washes our dishes! “

Only said that as there was discussion a few years back on Studio 10 that Pete does the dishwashing as Jess struggles with the dishwasher…

6 Likes

Hire Pete for a day to wash your dishes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Deborah Knight end cap.

15 Likes

Good to finally see a Promo Endtag for Deborah Knight.

Next step for Nine - having Pete & Deb together in Sydney 6pm news promos.

7 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but there was yet another typo on Nine News Sydney tonight…

The interesting thing is, I would’ve thought there’d be templates for all reporter name/Twitter supers on a computer or something rather than these things getting manually typed out. Afterall, it’s not as if Lane Calcutt very rarely gets his reports seen on the Sydney 6pm news…

8 Likes

nope, the template would only be the super itself (this one would be ‘twitter, three line’ I’d say) the producer would input the text manually.

One would think, though, that it would be checked before going to air.

4 Likes

Gold-plated weather wall tonight to report on SEQ’s continuing rain.

9 Likes

Tacky…

5 Likes

Brisbane tonight

3 Likes

I don’t know exactly what night the change was made aside from it being recently, but with the football season upon us Nine News Sydney have switched back to using the ANZ Stadium backdrop for Sport after using a SCG backdrop during Summer.

4 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but here’s a few content observations from tonight’s Nine News Sydney which you may or may not find interesting.

One of the stories was about the airbag recall, with a live cross from a Croydon car dealership which didn’t really add much to the story IMO:

Amber Sherlock presented her first forecast for Autumn 2018 from Cronulla Beach, with the font for the locations on the “suburban temperature” graphics defaulting to Arial:

The latest instalment of “OMG…FLOOR GRAPHICS!!!” with Gabriella Rogers for the antibiotics resistance segment:

Another one of the classic PTC techniques, in a construction site with a helmet and high-vis vest on!

Of course it’d be wrong not to mention Mike Dalton’s top investigative journalism on those showbags, easily the best report of the three commercial channels that covered the “story”:

Screencaps don’t really do it justice of course, so here is a link to a video of the full report although Pete’s reaction after the report (which sadly didn’t make the cut) probably best summed it up - “What do you say to that?”! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Its funny how it added nothing to the story

1 Like

Yet in the same report on the airbag recall, Eddy Meyer was also on the scene at Audi Artarmon. So not from just one dealership, but TWO of them.

1 Like

Can someone at Nine News Brisbane turn on the spell check? Again tonight

7 Likes

Cue the ‘unakceptable’ jokes.

1 Like