Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

4 Likes

Omg I don’t like any part of it.

3 Likes

Perth does the weather videowall better.

2 Likes

“Always reaching out, connecting with our viewers” So true!!! I asked early last year if I could have a tour of the studio, and he organised it all!!

2 Likes

what is the point of that? now that other screen on the opposite side where the weather SHOULD come from is completely useless, I don’t see any improvement other than the weather is now slightly curvy, thank god I’m not from queensland,

the zoomed in shot in the report, look weird because of the curvature of the screen, much prefer the full screen filled with the weather graphics. this reminds me of how the americans do the weather, with more of the presenter’s body shown.

I imagine Brisbane and Perth are pilot sites for the weather video wall?

If it works well, I dare say we will see them in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide soon enough?

1 Like

I would like to see Jessica carry one around for her frequent live crosses :joy:

It does appear that Nine and Seven are trying to see who can get their weather reporter in more out-of-studio locations each week in Adelaide. Refreshing to see live crosses for the weather, much preferred to in-studio. Good to see Nine putting in the effort to chase Seven.

1 Like

Another gem from the Channel 9 graphics department.

14 Likes

That is unexceptable.

22 Likes

do we have to assemble our own high voltage towers now?

5 Likes

Better live-cross quality today

4 Likes

To be completely honest, I think Perth’s weather would look better presented from the left. The screens on the right seem to have issues with “jittering” which can be really annoying/distracting.

If they tweak the graphics used in Queensland I think it would be a great product to use nationally. It’s good to see them trying to be more dynamic with the set. It’s just not quite right yet.

2 Likes

Winter Olympic transition:

6 Likes

9 News Melbourne saw all the technical issues 7 News Melbourne has been having lately and said, “challenge accepted”.

This is from Wednesday night…

During the Ross Greenwood report the 9 News “stop and check” slate appeared for around 15 seconds - then it cut to an ACA promo - then a portion of a promo for MAFS - then returned to the rest of the Greenwood report.

9 Likes

Minor technical difficulties during Sydney’s bulletin following the second story tonight, with the autocue falling and Pete having to resort to his scripts.

3 Likes

In the latest “chatting up Peter Overton” promos for Nine News Sydney, Georgie Gardner, Tracy Grimshaw and Dr John Overton (I wonder what the people who thought having Hendo talking about Pete for promos was desperate think about this?) get to have their say…

6 Likes

I don’t get what value these promos have or add to an already successful and well established broadcast. I mean do we really need his dad to be up there saying how good he is…

8 Likes

Who?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he’s the father of Peter Overton.

3 Likes