Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

I have a feeling Gary’s weather wall only exists for the sake of the promo so I don’t know why they are promoting it like it’s something special and out of the ordinary. But we will wait and see

1 Like

Considering it says starts Monday, perhaps they’ll be changing up the presentation of weather come tomorrow? Sports could be presented standing from the RHS side instead?

4 Likes

This will be interesting to see how they throw to him with it being extremely awkward with Wally Lewis near his shot… unless they change sides and put Wally on the right hand side rather then the left…

Having seen the promo, I think Garry will present the weather, during the bulletin, from the mega screen behind the desk. I also interpreted that he will do more weather stats etc (like David Brown on Seven).

The angle has been used in Sydney once. IMO, I like the idea of Garry presenting from here, gives them something different to Seven.

As for sport, it wouldn’t be the first time they have done a standing presentation, however, I think Wally will just disappear after sport.

1 Like

If there’s any city that desperately needs a relaunch of it’s weather on Nine News (arguably, including the replacement of the primary & secondary presenters), it’s Sydney by quite a large margin.

But I really hope the “Daily Bailey…I mean Garry’s Weather Wall” concept doesn’t make it down here.

2 Likes

I imagine it will look similar to this:

2 Likes

Video

3 Likes

‘The Weather Wall where you get to know what jacket to wear’.

That works well.

1 Like

Just remembered a 1999 QTQ promo where they "photoshopped’ their current news team into old video of Don Secombe and Melody Illife.

Video TV History

6 Likes

GWW (Garry’s Weather Wall) used to illustrate yesterday’s SEQ storms near start of bulletin.

7 Likes

They did exactly that with the new sets that were launched last year… wasn’t that supposed to be something along the lines of “it will revolutionise the way you watch the news”.

Hyped to the max times 10.

5 Likes

Garry standing behind Wally after sport report and throw to break

8 Likes

That looks incredibly awkward.

3 Likes

Seemed like a similar weather report to usual but presented on a different screen.

8 Likes

Those temps on the map look like they’d be pretty difficult to read on anything smaller than a 50".

Nothing outstanding or innovating there, all hype as per usual.

I maintain that Wally should move to present sports from the screen on the RHS of the set if they’re going to continue with this arrangement.

4 Likes

Judging by those caps, the only difference between this new style of weather presentation at Nine News Queensland and the old version seems to be the addition of some new locations to the “tomorrow” screen. Aside from that, it looks rather awkward IMO.

If/when Nine News Sydney shakes up the style of it’s weather presentation (which IMO, needs to happen sooner rather than later), I hope they’ll do something similar to Perth and properly use the videowall they’re very lucky to have to the right of their set! That said, even TCN’s current format for weather presentation is still better than Seven which is still relying on chroma key for much of the forecast in 2018 - shockingly outdated for the Sydney market!

1 Like

Thought this would happen…

Nice weather wall but it doesn’t make some of these temps feel any more comfortable, particularly for those watching via Imparja North.

Longreach 29 to 45

:scream:

1 Like

This whole idea of Gary being there is so stupid and adds no value what so ever. to the average viewer he is presenting in front of a screen that delivers them the temps so I don’t know why they had the urge to do this.

Wouldn’t be suprised if we see a Aldi/ Offficeworks logo pop up on the screen now that it’s bigger…

6 Likes