Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Interest Rates

11 Likes

Is this the first time they’ve presented the interest rate special from the Sydney set?

1 Like

If you ask me, the quality of the lighting and the picture (which quality wise, is somewhere between upconverted SD and 720p upscaled to 1080i in Studio 23 to my eyes) looks so much better in Studio 21 compared to Studio 23.

2 Likes

Don’t think so. I believe that the previous interest rate decision was also from here.

1 Like

Nine News special for coverage of the State Funeral for Ron Walker in Melbourne starting at 2pm hosted by Peter Hitchner with Alicia Loxley.

Coverage ended at 3.30pm

8 Likes

This has just appeared on 9Now:

13 Likes

Does that mean we won’t be able to see any 9News bulletins online again until after the Winter Olympics are over?

3 Likes

It appeared for the 6pm bulletin but the morning and afternoon news bulletins were running as normal online today, that might change over coming days. We shall wait and see.

1 Like

Is this filmed at GTV? The same studio as the 6pm news, right (where ACA used to come from)?

Previously it came from there but now it comes from the brand new CrocMedia studios.

1 Like

Melbourne studio from Pete’s twitter

13 Likes
19 Likes

In the opening pan (if you could call it that in Brisbane), if Brisbane started the camera closer to the centre of the set like Adelaide do, it will completely hide the fact that they don’t have a LHS video wall, and cut off that massively excess perspex at the end of the backdrop.

Can I ask what the deal is with Adelaide? Do Kate Collins and Brenton Ragless take turns presenting now?

Kate Collins is in Maternity Leave at the moment. Brenton is doing weekdays solo.

3 Likes

Under normal circumstances it can vary (they’re typically together though), but @utaussiefan is correct Kate is on maternity leave

1 Like

New Brisbane promo. “Queensland’s only weather centre”:

Starts Monday at 6.

10 Likes

‘Garry’s weather wall’

Wonder what Tim Bailey thinks of that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

hahaahhaha that is hilarious. What is wrong with Nine News Queensland using all these gimmicky things

2 Likes

Brisbane’s the best city in the world but our news services suck arse.

1 Like