Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Doesn’t it usually come from there?

1 Like

Yup.

1 Like

I don’t usually watch it but it used to come from a different studio.

Used to come from Studio 23.

3 Likes

What comes from that studio now? Where does the early news come from?

2 Likes

Early news comes from Studio 23 still.
It’s also home to ACA, Today Extra+Weekend Today.

4 Likes

Nine’s lastest promo here in Sydney. Laurie Oaks and Ken Sutcliffe make an appearance as does Erin Molan.

9 Likes

The Morning News coming from studio 21 is only a recent change though. For a good 6 months, it came from studio 24 (the Local News’ set). Unfortunately, they don’t use the news exchange in their national set, even though they still use the studio for the Early News.

I am hoping that there is a longer version because that one comes across as a little choppy. I like the idea, and getting Ken and Laurie back is great, but it really needs Deb and Cam as well.

I would also like to see a revamped promo for the ‘Who’s Who of News’ to come back into life, particularly in Sydney and Melbourne where Nine has arguably one of the best teams.

5 Likes

I personally think it would’ve been great to see Brian Henderson talking up Peter Overton in that promo, however having Laurie & Kenny there is still pretty good.

Georgie Gardner too! :wink:

5 Likes

IMO, the news exchange window seems more appropriate for the Early News as it gives off that early in the day, news still being sorted vibe. They have the space there, it’s a shame that they don’t use it anymore.

Nine News Now and the Morning and Afternoon News are much better suited to their current looks.

6 Likes

But wouldn’t it be more appropriate to use the news exchange in all those bulletins to give the impression that news is always being sorted? Especially given that Nine used Always On during promos at one point.

2 Likes

Bit of a different view of the Melbourne set.

23 Likes

Morning news in Perth using the South Perth live shot. Hadn’t seen that one in a while. It was used for the Afternoon news until it was replaced by 9 LIVE Perth

What? There is a local Morning News? And on the weekend?

@ADstv Can we have caps/video please?

2 Likes

Its a special edition for the first cricket game at the new Optus Stadium in Perth.

2 Likes

I wish the present r had gone off script, and made a joke about it, like Australia has had a flag change and it looks surprisingly similar to nz’s etc.

That literally looks like a photo I took!

1 Like

Both 9 & 7 News are scheduled to begin at 7.30 (at this stage) due to sport tonight.

1 Like

So much better they went back to the live shot. Why they had that awful background last year is beyond me, trying to copy Seven News too much. Even the live shot now looks 100x better than what was there last year.

3 Likes

11 Likes