Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine News Regional

Merry Xmas from the QTQ crow.

22 Likes

Why does the QTQ crow look like he’s wanting to start shit in the local KFC carpark with anyone that gets anywhere near their sight?
He’s probably sending for Santa, giving him a warning and telling him he gone get shanked if he comes to that part of town.

(fuck I could make soooo many memes with this)

10 Likes

Being the time of year that it is, surely I can’t be the only one who’s hoping that Sydney’s fluff/puff piece correspondent Mike Dalton does the annual “Santa’s Journey” report on Nine News tomorrow night?!

Of course nobody will be able to top the late Peter Harvey’s famous “Santa’s Journey” reports (hard to believe it’s now been five years since the last one! :cry:) in any case, but still…

7 Likes

Nine News Melbourne not broadcasting from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl this evening for Carols by Candlelight like they normally do? Just saw an update with Brett in the studio

5 Likes

The reporter’s name on this super from the Sydney 6pm news is “right aligned”’ for some reason

8 Likes

Intro to the Santa tracking story

12 Likes

Report a night ago where the public were the camera was positioned to allow public to obscure the reporter.

8 Likes

January 22nd is the date for Today relaunch, and possibly an on air relaunch for the network, so perhaps Nine News might get a refresh too on this date?

7 Likes

Jan 29 is the date the networks return to regular programming across all timeslots, so that might be the other date that they are working to.

I strongly doubt it because the current branding of Nine News isn’t that old, but you never know I guess…

3 Likes

I think they should refresh the Cool Hand Luke theme music.

The current version sounds a bit flat and lacks impact to my ears.

Like you say, the rest of it feels pretty fresh.

7 Likes

Of course I completely agree that the theme music for Nine News needs an update. But after 2006 and what Seven has done in recent years, I think Nine are a bit scared of a backlash when it comes to the music.

4 Likes

This year the weather presenter Madeline Slattery was the only one presenting from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

2 Likes

I liked the 2006 theme music, I think the problem for Nine there was that they changed too much all at once, not least the boxed logo, as well the globe being given the flick as well as the theme music.

5 Likes

The problem was that the theme music 7 made in 2014 was shit.
TEN change their theme music every few years (or tweak it) and they never have problems.

8 Likes

Another hot Christmas day in Queensland means:

10 Likes

New promo for Nine News Sydney (yay, a promo promoting the 6pm bulletin for a change!), uploaded by promo producer Kim McDougal:

6 Likes

Mia Glover presenting last Friday’s GC bulletin.

2 Likes

Is some of Nine News’ reports footage in HD now? Are they the only network in Australia that doing that so far?