Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Haven’t you seen a Christmas Tree before? They’re all the rage.

5 Likes

Awful looking set!

5 Likes

i know this isn’t related, to anything about christmas, but i’ve always wondered, why does gold coast have such an unusual set and why is it specially called 9 news gold coast in the logo, where as no other 9 news is like that

I’m pretty sure that the Gold Coast bulletin has such an unusual set partly because of the small studio space.

As for the corner logo, probably as a point of difference from the main 6pm edition of Nine News Queensland (and NBN News, which the Gold Coast can also watch) if I was to guess.

5 Likes

so i wonder if they will update the set, it reminds me of the old aca set. and so does the gold coast have 3 news bulletins, when does this one air? why do they have some many bulletins?

Gold Coast receives local news from Seven and Nine at 5.30 weekdays both are followed by the 6pm one hour new from Brisbane. The set for Nine is only 18 months old (and was introduced in response to Seven starting their local bulletin).

This bulletin airs at 5:30 only on the Gold Coast before the 6pm Brisbane news. To accommodate this, Hot Seat is at 4:30 on the Gold Coast. The other bulletin is NBN News which is presented from Newcastle at 6pm (keep in mind that the GC can receive both the Brisbane signal and the NBN signal from Newcastle as it is an overlap region).

2 Likes

Queensland has adapted and now aired a local version of the ‘EXCLUSIVE- It’s a NINE letter word’ promo.

Anything in Melbourne?

As others have said, the Gold Coast is an overlap market, that receives both the metro O&O stations, as well as their appropriate affiliates that broadcast to Northern NSW.

As such on the Gold Coast they receive:

Seven (O&O):
4:30pm The Chase Australia
5:30pm Seven News Gold Coast
6:00pm Seven News Brisbane

Prime7 (Affiliate):
5:00pm The Chase Australia
6:00pm Seven News Sydney

Nine (O&O):
4:30pm Hot Seat
5:30pm Nine News Gold Coast
6:00pm Nine News Brisbane

NBN (Affiliate):
5:00pm Hot Seat
6:00pm NBN News Gold Coast

They receive a local bulletin from Seven and Nine metro, as well as a localised version of NBN News.

4 Likes

wow that’s weird, i thought they would have made it look like the rest of nine news though, even back there, have the red desk with the stupid glass on it, but just smaller, and have the dark wood panelling

It’s been mentioned before on here that 7HD on the Gold Coast does not have the local Gold Coast News, its schedule is the same as Seven Brisbane showing The Chase instead. Is that still the case?? The your tv guide indicates that is, GC News on 7SD, Chase on 7HD.

The Nine Gold Coast set I believe was designed to represent a surfboard in shape and sand in colour to created a noticeable difference between it and the Brisbane and national bulletins.

1 Like

That’s what they used to have in the old studio.

Shares a famous name.

9 Likes

Newest Brisbane promo

Tonight

7 Likes

Personally I reckon GTV should do their own unique spin on that promo…

“MELBOURNE: It’s a NINE letter word!” :wink:

9 Likes

Perfect for their 2017 ratings year win. :wink:

1 Like

No joke, that is not that bad.

3 Likes

Too bad Nine’s nine-letter-word was too busy chasing a dodgy builder around a Bunnings carpark to investigate decades of sexual misconduct by Nine’s own personalities.

2 Likes

How does the NBN GC news work. Do they have their own crews on the Gold Coast filing independently of 9 or do they just take 9GC packages and put them in the GC window?

1 Like