Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

There was a blooper during the Sunrise interview, hence the clip. “…your local LNP-One Nation candidate…”

1 Like

The QLD bulletin is only 30 minutes tonight.

1 Like

I suppose QLD news will use the regional set for the 6pm News tonight, given the main set for the election. Unless they run it from Sydney, which I doubt.

Due to the time difference, do you think Darwin will receive a live and local (regional) bulletin tonight, but from the regional set?

Can’t imagine Darwin getting anything other than a delayed Sydney or Melbourne bulletin tonight…

5 Likes

According to what I just saw NSW/Vic are getting news after the cricket while Queensland are going straight into election coverage.

Looks like 9 News QLD is broadcasting from the regional set tonight I’d say

4 Likes

Live shot in the background actually looks a lot better than on the normal set, just because it’s so nice and clear!

4 Likes

Not sure where sport is coming from, was expecting a green screen:

I am also surprised that Nine didn’t use the old Gold Coast set for something, with the plasma screen.

5 Likes

Probably coming from the same space that sport comes from on 9 News Regional.

If the regional news used a full length green screen the bulletin could potentially look like that.

9 News perth used A red background saying that a 26 year old man is fighting for life in hospital.

Nine Local News QLD uses a green screen for sport. To me, Dom was sitting in from of a plasma for sport last night.

Really do not understand why they don’t use the First at Five backdrop for the Morning News and Nine News Now…

5 Likes

Morning News perhaps, Nine News Now decidedly not. It’s not a traditional bulletin, more like a bulletin/afternoon talk show/entertainment news blend.

4 Likes

Note modified start times to Nine news for Second test starting Saturday and continuing the following week:

1 Like

why do they have to use the regional set?

Election coverage from the main set.

oh, this all seems complicated, why do they need to take over a set just to cover the election, or why don’t they do it from the regional set

Regional set wouldn’t have been big enough to accommodate 6-7 presenters on one desk.

An election special bulletin which aired for many hours obviously deemed important enough to take precedence over the regular bulletin.

I doubt many viewers would have noticed or it made it any more complicated for them producing the state bulletin from there considering on weeknights they produce regional news from there at the same time as the main one.

2 Likes