Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

As @nationalnews said, Jess has worked with Angela for many years, so I think that this tribute is definitely personal as Peter might actually know the late husband of Angela Bishop himself and would also be very upset at the news.

2 Likes

I laughed how I make a query and get inferences that I was being insensitive, just an observation.

I don’t live in Sydney and I’m glad, but boy there are some Nine News Sydney fanboys & Seven News Sydney haters by the sounds of it.

I can imagine.

Just tragic :cry:

Angela has been at Ten for a very long time too, at least since the early 90s.

And one particular Ten news fanboy as well.

2 Likes

I’m hardly a fanboy.

To constitute a fanboy, surely I’d be posting there regularly (if not frequently)?

I’m not even in the Top 5 posters in the Ten News - presenters thread, @killy06 even doubles my post count!

Ten News particularly & Ten in general is my fortĂ© and it’ll always have a special spot (given my profile pics the past 6 years), but I’ve become very disappointed and sad with everything that’s gone on and the drastic changes were too much for me, so I also moved on a bit. I still watch at 5pm when I can :smiling_face:

Luke,

Shut up. Move on.

8 Likes

69 new posts - thinking something major had happened. Not so it seems.

19 Likes

Wrong. Relaunch tomorrow at 6PM.
Local 6PM bulletins are being replaced with a single 30 minute national bulletin hosted by Tim Bailey.

11 Likes

I think that Nine could have communicated the situation better, after all there were commentators in a studio at the Gabba and newsreaders in multiple studio around the country sitting there waiting for the game to finish; surely someone could have popped up on screen and said when the news would be starting. (The Gold Coast situation was farcical). Were any news updates shown in Sydney and Melbourne between 6pm and when the news started?

Overall, I don’t think any cricket fan minded the delayed news, but I didn’t see the need to run a full hour of news followed by ACA. In NSW and Vic the news should have been abridged and ACA shown on 9GEM while in QLD a shorted version of both could have easily seen the prime time programming start at 7.30pm.

1 Like

I think there was one which advertised the news after the cricket but this was not mentioned in the cricket broadcast until sometime after 6:30 pm AEDT.

Don’t drag me into your shit story. I’ve not yet once been called a Ten fanboy :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

when i was watching it, I just saw the end of ACA at 8:30pm, so I’m not sure if it happened, but they could of ended the cricket at 7pm then the news from 7-8 and then ACA from 8-8:30 followed by RBT, but not sure where they would gain back that lost hour, they might of dropped a show afterwards

Fucken goals :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

7 Likes

After last night’s disaster of a schedule, is Nine News set to start at 6pm tonight?

Given England’s innings is already over in the Ashes, also no rain delay today.

EPG in Sydney is now showing Nine News for 1 hr from 6:30pm.

3 Likes

Well
 An extra 200k viewers for Seven News again (last night’s margin) :confused:

As many said here, should go to 9Gem at 6pm.

1 Like

Michael Slater just said ‘National Nine News’ :grimacing:

5 Likes

Nine Darwin is not taking Nine News QLD tomorrow night as they normally would, most likely due to election coverage.

Can only assume they’ll be showing Nine News Sydney.

1 Like

Gold Coast News once again took precedence over the cricket cutting into the coverage without explanation at 5.30pm.

9 Likes

Sunrise video on Nine News

4 Likes

I think I like the director of the GC news. Maybe we need a new Head of News and Current Affairs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yet I am sure he spoke on Today.