Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Just tuned in to Nine at 6pm for 9 News only to discover Cricket is on. EPG still shows “Nine News” on right now (but that’s via SCA).

I absolutely hate cricket and don’t have any desire to sit around aimlessly waiting for 9 News to start… why can’t they shaft the cricket over to 9Gem.

Or at the very least, put a notice on the screen giving the time the news will be shown.

POOR FORM from Nine

7 Likes

They have been saying things like news will follow the cricket, in 8 overs, or about 25-30 mins from now.

I do agree though, they would have been better off moving cricket to 9GEM from 6pm, I’m sure they would have lost some viewers to Seven News who don’t want to watch cricket.

1 Like

Why are Nine pulling a Ten :frowning:

1 Like

lol just out of curiosity they said vic and nsw will be getting the news next what happned to Tasmania lol

I hate it too! Move it to Gem! Who cares if it’s not in HD!

5 Likes

And now SCA stuff up and start 9 News Brisbane in North QLD for the first 10 seconds before cutting to an ad break.

1 Like

Nine News Sydney started at 7.16pm.

I think cricket fans would. :wink:

1 Like

6pm News should ALWAYS take precedence over any other programming… sure they can make it a 30-minute bulletin if needed. But the news should always be at 6pm on the main channel, with sport/whatever shifted to a multichannel for the duration. In this age of digital TV, it’s not hard for people to switch channel for 30 minutes to keep watching their sport programme.

3 Likes

this is the worst decision 9 have ever made

1 Like

7.15 and the news is almost starting !!! not good enough channel 9

meah still not a good decision by 9

9 News Melbourne started at the same time.

What happened?

There’s no way Nine would move Ashes cricket to 9Gem.

Nine are catering for the people who want to watch cricket and the news…

2 Likes

fully agree

1 Like

Of course, I completely agree.

But if the cricket was moved to 9Go! or 9Gem, you’d probably get “Why can’t the cricket stay on Nine in HD with the news airing on 9Gem!” complaints from cricket fans - a lose/lose scenario either way.

1 Like

Or they could just air the news on 9Gem and 9GO if cricket is really really REALLY important.

1 Like

On second though, very true. IMO, there probably would be more people complaining if there was a channel swap for the cricket (also, it’s the first day of the Ashes) than people complaining about the delayed start to the news.

1 Like

A ludicrous take.

10 Likes

And lose 80% of the usual audience? I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Thankyou for speaking some sense.

It’s a perfectly smart move by Nine to delay the news. Sure, some people will go to Seven to watch the news but plenty more will stay around knowing the news will be on after the cricket so they can get the best of both worlds.

5 Likes