Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Melbourne has no choice but to use the 6PM set, it’s all they’ve got.

I wonder what the reasoning behind moving the morning news to Studio 21 is? More surprised that they didn’t just put it in Studio 23 same as early news, after Today Extra. Then the staff and equipment is all ready to go versus setting up Studio 21 for just 1/2 hour.

Sydney Afternoon News coming from studio 23.

2 Likes

Caps of Morning News today:

12 Likes

Davina’s face says it all about that backdrop, looks terrible - far too busy.

2 Likes

What is wrong with a newsroom backdrop!

7 Likes

Indeed, I miss the news exchange set.

3 Likes

Still better than this (credits to @screentower) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

Seriously though, Seven should seize this opportunity to re-instate the pokies backdrop from the BCM.

7 Likes

Am I the only one that actually likes the current Seven backdrop?, yes its not great but its a hell of a lot better than what Nine is offering. There is too much happening and its so in your face, how many stripes does one need…

5 Likes

Meh, Better then Studio 24, but Nine needs to use more wide shots during the opener (which I’m surprised why they aren’t using full openers not half ones) and possibly from playouts like they used to do on Sydney Afternoon News for a few weeks.

4 Likes

‘mudered’

11 Likes

who’s getting fired??

2 Likes

I mean, maybe the father was put in mud?

5 Likes

probably nobody, be a pretty awful workplace to fire somebody for a minor bit of human error.

5 Likes

oh, nine news is no fun

1 Like

hahaha, yeah, good thinking, but I don’t think that was the case, if he was put in something it was most likely MUD CAKE, and not mud

3 Likes

Sounds very “Taggart” - there’s been a mudder!!

6 Likes

During ACA:

9 Likes
5 Likes

Am i the only one who gets a bit excited whenever Georgie fronts rolling coverage? It’s such a rare event these days!

1 Like

Personally, I think Peter Overton and Deborah Knight are better at presenting rolling news coverage than Georgie Gardner.

3 Likes