Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Some highlights from the Sunday bulletin in Brisbane

I know it’s long-lasting, but is there any reason why the Brisbane bulletin loops the beginning theme when they swipe from headlines to studio?

All other metro and regional bulletins use the “finale sting” then fade the main bed after the VO.

Along with the main 6pm bulletin for South East Queensland, I think Nine Gold Coast News also does something similar with the non-use of the three note sting.

While realistically they’ll probably keep it in use for years to come, personally I think the theme music for Nine News really needs an update sooner rather than later. It’s fast approaching a decade of use, is now used in ways (eg, on Newsbreaks) it wasn’t originally meant too and doesn’t really fit the current sets/graphics.

2 Likes

About a month ago, I reported that Nine still has rain jackets with the 2008 Nine News logo (in the style of the previous two “National Nine News” logos) which never really made it on air except for some promos. But as it turns out, at least one of the umbrellas they have in Sydney is even older.

Check out the logo on the umbrella that Vicky Jardim held during her live cross to Gosford Hospital on tonight’s Nine News Sydney, it has to be at least ten years old now!

I know what you’re thinking right now, it doesn’t really matter how old the umbrella is for as long as it keeps the reporter dry - and that’s a very good point. But in any case, I find it rather interesting when these older pieces of branding pop up on screen from time to time! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

And that “dotty” is conspicuous by it’s absence…

3 Likes

Its quite funny actually because some of my friends in Perth still refer to it as National Nine News :joy:

2 Likes

Walked past the 9 Adelaide studio on Pirie St tonight, the studio is surprisingly small. The cameras are right up against the windows. sorry the photos are off my phone.

16 Likes

Wow they opened the curtains? Each time I have gone passed - the big ass black curtains were drawn

1 Like

Now at night they use it for 9 promotional videos, The Block & 9 News etc.

2 Likes

Automation problems with 6pm Sydney News tonight.

The picture got stuck on a frame during the last report before Sport and Peter had to do the cross to Cameron to that stuck picture, as did Cameron with the sports headlines.

That was followed by an extended ad break whilst the technical issues were sorted out.

3 Likes

It’s weird that the studio is open to the street with the massive window, you can’t see most studios , I know with the one in Melbourne the studio is right inside the massive nine building with no natural light in the studio area

During the bulletin they close black curtains to cut out the sunlight. They made a big deal out of the street side studio initially.

The Melbourne studio has a massive window including doors that open onto a balcony courtyard - they just have black curtains that cover it most of the time.

Nine News promo: “In a Nine News exclusive, Kmart’s bold move: a shopping range just for Queenslanders”

What.
The.
Fuck.

13 Likes

For crying out loud Nine Live Queensland is now using the generic FAF Newsroom backdrop, Also i’m guessing the QLD morning news has been quietly axed 2 weeks since it aired.

3 Likes

This surely can’t be real? Or is this just shit posting? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why are they rating so well with this? Queenslanders must really hate straight news :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

No it’s real :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is actually sad. Period. Full stop.
No words can actually describe how sad this actually is, how pathetic this is, I hate to say it, but I have actually lost respect for 9 News. It’s disgusting, trashy, and full on shit.
It’s like a Current Affair promo disguised as 9 News. Very fucked up if true. :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Probably just a temporary change due to the heavy rain and severe weather along the QLD coast at the moment… otherwise they’d be showing a nice, lovely and sunny Brisbane while it’s nothing like that outside.

4 Likes