Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Exactly… newsreading 101: One day the autocue will fail. Always gotta have the paper backup ready.

6 Likes

Looks like the Royal Melbourne News “set” uses the styling of the old news desk.

2 Likes

Live Stream graphics:

3 Likes

IMG_20170927_164940
Best l could find of the set.

EDIT - Livinia actually presented weather tonight right in front of the set.

9 Likes

Desk reminds me of the old Gold Coast set.

5 Likes

Looks like the same set they’ve used at the show for a few years.

3 Likes

The Nine News Exclusive strap seen on Brisbane promos this afternoon:

2 Likes

Weather in Brisbane was from the top of a tall building in the city for Riverfire (and with Garry in SD but HD graphics). That out-of-focus background was the best we got to see from the location.

4 Likes

Is that safety harness sponsored by Aldi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ?

2 Likes

Yes - previously reported to be from their “Home Dungeon” range - also worn by the team in-studio to prevent mishaps like falling off those chairs!

From tongue-in-cheek area

10 Likes

Hopefully Erin Molan will be getting one of those :smile:

6 Likes

Sydney’s 6pm News will only be 30 minutes in duration tonight due to the NRL grand final.

Brisbane’s news will air from 5-5.30pm today, for the same reason.

2 Likes

Does anyone know the plan from tomorrow for the morning news at 11:30am? Will it just be in Brisbane getting their own local service or will the whole country be gaining local news just like 4pm?

@ScreenTower

3 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks that promo is stupid and unecessary. Kinda fits with the tabloid crap they serve.

11 Likes

In that promo, Nine News Queensland probably should be congratulating Aldi and the other companies they’ve done ads…I mean, “Special Reports” for in 2017. Because those probably played a major part in the bulletin’s ratings success this year! :wink:

4 Likes

That gold is so tacky, just like most of their stories.

And as a consequence of this, 9 News QLD is airing in Darwin at 4:30pm-5:00pm local time this afternoon

3 Likes

QLD is definitely welcoming back the local morning news, for the rest of the country it’s wait and see.

2 Likes

And getting a title that they don’t deserve.