Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Brisbane’s news will only be 30 minutes this Saturday.

3 Likes

Is it Riverfire this coming weekend?

1 Like

See schedule posted last week

2 Likes

Does everyone remember last years stuff up?

2 Likes

That was later explained as caused by a medical emergency that required a LifeFlight helicopter to the RBH meaning that the airspace over the city had to be cleared and the Super Hornet fly-over could not happen at the correct time so the fireworks had to be delayed to match.

3 Likes

Oh, I thought it was to do with that guy not hitting the button properly. that explains it.

1 Like

IMG_20170925_184935

What is the point of holding paper if you are going to read from autocue?

4 Likes

Need to do something with the hands :slight_smile:

1 Like

And backup if autocue goes down.

7 Likes

And WTF is the Nine Watermark doing there?

1 Like

It’s the 9News watermark. It’s just that Cramer’s TV is set to 4:3 picture stretched to a 16:9 frame.

I’ve made some calls and he’ll be arrested shortly.

10 Likes

It doesn’t look like a TV to me… It looks like a tablet.

1 Like

Just had a look. It’s a monitor hanging over a hospital bed.

4 Likes

For the same reason this BBC presenter felt the need to hold a whole pack of A4 paper :joy:article-0-1BE4D1BE000005DC-959_638x443

16 Likes

That is HILARIOUS :rofl:

They must have extremely thick iPads in Britain for someone to make that mistake…

6 Likes

That’s a really thick IPad cover :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen, Sydney’s news and sports presenters are very regular paper holders:

Aside from that, no prizes (pardon the pun) for guessing what Nine News Sydney are giving away in their “NRL Grand Final Week” Viewer Competition! :wink:
2017) #1

4 Likes

Always reminds me of that bit from Frontline where Rob Sitch’s character scribbles on his paper as the program fades out, then asks “can we return these to props?”

2 Likes

Can a mod award this bloke with 50 points for getting it correct?

Yeah… Its a Telstra Entertainment Bedside System. $13.75 per day for free to air tv basically. All the channels as if you still own a square tv. Technically it isn’t all the channels either. The internet doesn’t really work as the web browser is greatly out of date. The movie channels suck. No Foxtel anymore. And you generally get to watch nine news with a normal nine watermark.

10 Likes

Wouldnt they be holding ‘papers’ because the autocue may fail and thats what they’d need to read the headlines? Why is this even a thing?

4 Likes