Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

For what they’re worth, some caps of the Taronga Zoo Tickets Competition Graphics from tonight’s Nine News Sydney:

2 Likes

It really triggers me that Nine implements local morning news to Queensland and the rumour being each state could be getting local morning news. Instead of investing in local morning news which is not actually necessary (and wont rate well) the funds could of sustained Darwin’s bulletin instead of being pre-recorded pure crap coming from Brisbane.

2 Likes

Not true.

Adding additional hours of news output per newsroom actuakky amortizes the cost of running a newsroom
Across more hours of programming.

It’s running each newsroom where the real costs are - and that’s why Darwin was closed

3 Likes

My point is though close the newsroom okay fine, the media landscape is changing and everyone needs to accept that. But to have pre-recorded news and if I’m right less local sophisticated content it’s just a waste of time. They should do things right and replicated the Darwin News still being produced from Brisbane with same set etc.

You are probably right about additional hours News but I still think it’s a waste of time regardless because there is a tendency to record and repeat constantly. I feel like all this investing one day is going to have a detrimental effect on the company.

In tonight’s instalment of Nine News Sydney fails, for some reason the word “assault” was misspelt on the 1st line but not the 2nd of this super:

But that was just the entrée. The main course came just before the final ad break of the bulletin, when Georgie Gardner called Belinda Russell “Amber” while the mic was left on so we got to hear Belinda accepting GG’s apology:

Those errors were slightly amusing, but I do wonder if they would’ve been even more interesting if Pete was in the chair and/or Amber was presenting weather and got called “Belinda”!

9 Likes

Belinda indicates that it was an autocue error, saying, " I saw it there and I…"

2 Likes

There’s been quite a few spelling errors lately.

Shows a distinct lack of quality control.

1 Like

A poor reason but the line wouldn’t fit by adding the extra letter :slight_smile:

Alternate theory:

The rise of spelling mistakes is because: a) supers were only used for names back in the day, now they’re used for supplemental information, and b) because the internet means we have access to every bulletin of every market

3 Likes

Just add another line of text and the reporter doesn’t have to say anything :no_mouth:

3 Likes

It would fit actually. They have autosqueeze turned on.

3 Likes

Nine Perth are now using the set for TV shows aswell. Using same videowall as Weather.

8 Likes

9 News Brisbane promo on the radio tonight:

Click & collect, why you should ditch SEQ shopping centres. Cruises for under $2 a day, we’ll show you where and weight loss something something…

I’m guessing people watching during 6-7pm are not really tuning in for actual ‘news’ anymore given recent ratings performance.

8 Likes

As seen in Brisbane tonight

6 Likes

Two Sydney promos recorded off Imparja Gem:

5 Likes

Brisbane montage:

2 Likes

SEQ thunderstorm warning on QTQ. Also seen on regional feed.

9 Likes

Local 4 pm news - not sure why the sky looks so clear given the weather and sky seen in the live weather cross :thinking:

4 Likes

What the sky really looks like this afternoon

This is from the video used for the traffic report - perhaps they should stop calling it 9Live (I’m sure regional viewers love the traffic reports).

Not really “live”

10 Likes

Yeah, it’s a bit dodgy to use a nice weather picture of Brisbane (and “nice weather” footage for the traffic report eye filler) as the backdrop when it’s dark and stormy outside IMO!

7 Likes