Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

She was probably more concerned about her own personal safety than a logo on her jacket.

10 Likes
4 Likes

I know. The logo on the jacket was just an observation, more than anything else!

4 Likes

And that’s great you observe these details very often for us,and my post was just an observation of the situation she is standing in for her report!

2 Likes

Just turned on the TV to catch the end of 9 News Brisbane and noticed the entire weather report they played was the Saturday night weather information and graphics :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

First on Nine?

4 Likes

At least the logo matches more or less to the current one, only a very keen eye would pick that up (well done!).

Seven News Adelaide still use a fireman’s uniform with the 2003 Gill Sans logo on it!

6 Likes

Off-topic but Southern Cross Tasmania still use one of the same uniforms with the yellow Tiger logo on the blue background on it which hasn’t been in use since they changed it way back in 2005.

2 Likes

A really good close to that bulletin.
Nice to hear Jono say:
“From all of us here… in the Darwin studios… goodbye!”

Really made it feel like the end of an era!

9 Likes

i don’t mind the minimilistic set up, i just think that they really have to change the background for each news story, even if they just have it for the national news stories and just have local stories the current backdrop

Nine Morning News - From today.

9 Likes

That sounds like the end of Media Watch.

3 Likes

the colours make it look a lot nicer than when it is used for ACA, also, in the 9 news livery (is that the right term) it looks a lot bigger than the aca set

3 Likes

This spelling error of NSW’s 3rd largest city from the Sydney opener was only on screen momentarily, and wouldn’t have been noticed by 99% of viewers but it was never going to go unnoticed by Media Spy now, was it?

12 Likes

Wonder how Nine Illawarra handled it…

2 Likes

Really surprised 9 News Brisbane now being beamed into Darwin on weekends instead of a full hour of local Darwin news - didn’t do something like a 3 minute local news window that could have just gone into the first commercial break.

And then another at 6.50 (approx) with weather.

3 minute local window could have been produced by the 9 Brisbane newsroom.

Fully agree. It’s not as if Nine News Queensland is some must-see TV. Surely local-inserts would work better than Brisbane news…

I’ll bet Darwiners are loving their new Aldi-fied weekends :roll_eyes: :joy:

Whereabouts in the weekend bulletins are the Aldi “special reports”, middle or end? I wonder if they could cut it out and replace it with a pre-recorded Darwin window to air only in Darwin?

3 Likes

Note sure why Nine News is number one in Brisbane. Top story tonight (and for the regional bulletins as well) was amateur video over a disagreement surrounding a disabled car park on the Gold Coast complete with “first with the video” wipe and live cross.

3 Likes

Oh agree. It makes Seven QLD, TENFAF and ABC news look like top quality journalism.

3 Likes