Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Plus, it would still go to the Gold Coast, which probably wouldn’t consider themselves a Brisbane suburb.

2 Likes

Personally, I think it’s pretty obvious how Nine should be branding it’s flagship East Coast 6pm bulletins…

Weeknights - Nine News Sydney/Melbourne/South East Queensland.
Weekends - Nine News NSW & ACT/Victoria/Queensland.

2 Likes

Should that just be Sydney & Sth NSW for weekends :crazy_face:

In all seriousness, I think Nine would want to maintain the same branding across all nights.

3 Likes

Oh, just like radio callsigns (fun fact, the radio callsign numbers were the basis for modern post codes)! Makes sense as back in the golden days of TV networks would want to easily identify which station without having to (literally) spell it out.

1 = ACT; 2 = NSW; 3 = VIC; 4 = QLD; 5 = SA; 6 = WA; 7 = TAS; 8 = NT

3 Likes

Brisbane problems from tonight - including the 5:55pm preview that was OK and at end of the video the abrupt end to the Gold Coast bulletin including Gold Coast specific promo.

7 Likes

The ABC does the same thing, 3 digit studios are for radio where I think 2 digits are television. Slightly off topic, I know :stuck_out_tongue:

Love the use of the afternoon-style logo in the newsbreak.

Also nice to see Sydney doing an Adelaide-style in-house report with the LHS video wall.

3 Likes

I wonder if there were any problems with 9 News Regional QLD bulletins last night.

I wasn’t home, so didn’t see if there were.

2 Likes

I am not sure, but as far as I know, the control room for Regional QLD is separated from the Brisbane/Gold Coast control room (although they are both found at Mt. Coo-tha). So, there’s a 90% chance that the regional version wasn’t affected by that glitch and crossover to Sydney.

1 Like

Chairs?

Found them

3 Likes

Oh yes, that’s right, we left them over near the desk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t think we’ve seen this angle before.

7 Likes

This is new on the early news?

5 Likes

It’s been like that since at least January 2016.

6 Likes

Yes that angle is rather new, I only noticed yesterday but more of a close shot. It seems when they cross to Karl and Lisa they change back to the normal global backdrop.

Those graphics have been used since October/November 2015 when the Qantas contract ended.

2 Likes

I thought it was in 2014 (not 2015) that QANTAS changed it’s supplier of In-Flight News from Nine to Sky News.

5 Likes

New River 94.9 simulcast promo

Garry returns

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this before but the Darren and Alison endcard:

11 Likes

That must be a recycled one… judging by Alison’s hair… it’s not that long anymore!

1 Like

4 Likes