Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The live shot in Perth is really sharp looking and great. Just sucks they keep using the static backdrops.

1 Like

Nine News Brisbane - montage first night new set HD

7 Likes

I’m glad Brisbane finally ditched that 2005-08 theme.

They ditched the 05-08 theme a long time ago…

It’ll be interesting to see whether or not Nine Gold Coast News completely ditches the 2000-06 theme music (as well as the 2006-08 theme used for the dual 5.30pm/6pm Updates) on Monday. The last I checked, 9GCN still used that version of the theme music for the break playouts and the closer.

At the very least, I sure hope those “blank” blue transition wipes are no longer used during the Opener!

As far as I’m aware, Nine News Queensland still used it during the closer until (and including) last night!

2 Likes

Probably because the design is 6 months old and hardly a surprise to anyone with an interest in this stuff.

2 Likes

Six months old? The first of the current Nine News metro sets was launched in Perth ten months ago and it was also known back then that each of the five capital cities would eventually get a version of that set.

Now that Brisbane’s got the new set, we can see that 3 of the sets are slightly different. Adelaide and Melbourne’s are the same with the LHS TV wall and the Big Plasma screen for weather. Sydney and Perth have two TV walls and a Plasma while Brisbane only has the Plasma for weather.

1 Like

So how long until all 5 cities have local Morning news services?
Brisbane is the only city to have one at this stage?

I can see it being implemented soon.

1 Like

I was told that Sydney will be launching a local morning news in a couple of months. More details are yet to come.

6 Likes

Why local Afternoon news is so easily rolled out is because they have the access to the resources of the 6pm News, just an hour out. Whereas, it is more diffcult to have local news during Today, for example, because of this and therefore would be costly to implement.

That is interesting. One would assume that if Sydney aired a local Morning News than it would mean they would collapse the national bulletin and do local bulletins for each city. Nine did have local Morning News for Perth in 2014 but it was axed because of poor ratings/limited resources, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

3 Likes

If Nine eventually brings in local editions of the Morning News (I think they probably will), you can pretty much guarantee that Seven will follow suit before overly long - just like what’s happening with the local editions of the Afternoon News.

Exactly why are we suddenly seeing local editions of the Afternoon and possibly even Morning News? Because as newsrooms become more expensive to maintain, the networks are going to want to get their money’s worth out of them!

Because of Nine News Now airing at 12pm local time, I don’t think Nine Perth even airs the (semi) national edition of the Morning News at the moment.

2 Likes

2 Likes

They air the Morning News at 11:30AM followed by Ellen then at 1:00PM Nine News Now is live. During daylight savings Nine news now airs at 12PM straight after the morning news so from 5AM till 1PM (during daylight savings) its all news on Nine.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Live cross to the Nine Gold Coast balcony - not sure if the vision is HD, possibly is but with poor lighting.

5 Likes

Tonight’s feature walls :slight_smile: The pixels very noticeable on a PC screen though less so on the big screen.

5 Likes

Wow Andrew and Melissa already back on Sunday. Can’t wait for the reopening of Aldi so they started a day earlier :joy: .

4 Likes

Finding the pixels very distracting - am I being too critical?

7 Likes

They have a similar problem in Adelaide, although the pixels (or whatever is causing the problem) seem to be a little bigger down here. Very noticeable on a big screen.

HD

Not HD

3 Likes