Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Tonight’s special report - it seems like they just throw together these slides - First On Your Budget - huh?

Despite the dazzling special effects

I wonder is it an advertisement or news?

This is now most nights on Nine.

This was last Thursday - a full report on a low carb “super food” product.

8 Likes

Something you would have thought everybody working at TCN would know given that’s where they all live!

2 Likes

Whats even worse than that promo is the fact that the reporters and presenters like Melissa Downes would have to support and defend the quality of the bulletin if these ‘stories’ were publicly criticized in the media. I think Tracey usually defends ACA along the lines of people wanting stories about hip pocket nerve things and sadly based on ratings that excuse seems to be right.

2 Likes

As you probably saw in that update NQCQTV2 posted, there was a “Major Investigation” (I use that term loosely because it’s an insult to quality journalism!) on last night’s Nine News Queensland about ham from supermarkets and delis which could make you sick.

https://twitter.com/9NewsQueensland/status/881748725013426176

I don’t know about everyone else but I personally thought that promo was so bad, it was unintentionally hilarious!

Yep, I agree.

Personally I find the positive coverage on Aldi (and others) rather concerning from an ethical point of view. What happens if they get caught up in a major, newsworthy controversy…does Nine News not report on that?!

3 Likes

I’m getting bloody sick of this shit from 9QLD. I’m just REALLY hoping they don’t try and do this crap with 9 News NQ when it launches in a week and a half… and I can finally get away from having to see these “news” promos on the TV!

4 Likes

If you ask me, these things for Nine News Brisbane are not allowed in my country, if you ask the Philippine Broadcast Code. Check out Article 1, Section 11b. Advertisements produced by a News department are tagged as “Paid Advertisement”, “Promotional Material”, etc.

6 Likes

Thank goodness Nine was thrashed by Seven in Brisbane as far as news is concerned last night. I really hope Nine crumbles in QLD.

1 Like

Perhaps you were looking at the 6.30 number for Seven ?

At 6pm:
SEVEN NEWS 209,000
NINE NEWS 212,000

at 6.30
SEVEN NEWS / TODAY TONIGHT 208,000
NINE NEWS 6:30 189,000

2 Likes

Tomorrow - Queensland 11:56 am - 1:10pm

Jeff Horn Victory Parade.

1 Like

Now they can use the first on nine graphic. :wink:

4 Likes

Plus inprogram watermark for Aldi special on Nine News at 6

1 Like

Nine News story from a week or two ago about sales at Harvey Norman and Myer got pilloried tonight on Mad as Hell.

1 Like
8 Likes

TO: ninenewsqueensland@nine.com.au
CC: aca@nine.com.au
SUBJECT: Fake News

Team,
You might be interested in a segment we ran this morning, as we have noticed it so closely mirrors your broadcasting.

Yours Truly,
XXXx

17 Likes

Wait was this really on this morning? Or is it a mock?

2 Likes

Yes, there was a ‘Fake News’ segment this morning on Today.

2 Likes

Wow

8 Likes

Looking at the news priorities on Nine News on Shaun Micallef’s MAD AS HELL. What a crack up!

Quote: Now putting together a commercial network news bulletin every night must be a nightmare. I know watching it is. :joy:

10 Likes

Absolute trash from 9Qld but hey, they’re winning the ratings. Sadly 7 have been copying, trying to catch up.