Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

After QTQ gets it’s upgrade that will be all five main metro markets covered.

The Gold Coast bulletin got their set “upgrade” in July last year, so I wouldn’t expect much change for them (apart from maybe the bulletin airing in HD once the upgrade happens in Brisbane? I think Nine Gold Coast News is played out of Brisbane anyway) anytime soon. And as for Nine News Darwin…they’ll probably keep their current set for the foreseeable future?

The current sets & graphics for Nine News will probably remain in use for a similar amount of time to their immediate predecessors.

Probably the only branding elements that Nine News needs to consider updating now are the design of their website (which aside from the current header graphic, hasn’t been updated since mid-2014) and the theme music.

3 Likes

It appears so, with Darren Curtis saying on Instagram he is boarded a flight for a ‘special assignment’.

4 Likes

As well as tonight’s bulletin, you’d imagine that Darren Curtis might also be doing some promotional work (think footage for new promos, etc.) while he’s down here?

Afterall, Nine did fly their Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide news presenters interstate to film new set promos!

2 Likes

News break in QLD

2 Likes

Never thought of that. It also wouldn’t hurt for him to take some presenting lessons.

BTW, from the news update linked above, it looks like Nine News Queensland will be coming from studio 24 this weekend (and therefore likely to be solo presented).

4 Likes

Which studio are they going to be presented from? 21 is out since it’s used for Sydney news, maybe 22/23/24?

2 Likes

But how about the now-former studio in Mt. Coo-tha where the temporary set was made before tonight? I have little hope that they won’t go ACA style (like the one’s in Regional VIC and SNSW/ACT) for the regional QLD bulletins from two weeks time.

2 Likes

I suppose it depends on the cost of running a multi-angle set-up compared to a simpler model. Theoretically they could end up with one full size news studio and one slightly smaller that had been used up to yesterday. We’ll have to wait to see how they use the smaller setup.

3 Likes

Why do it out of Sydney when they’ve been in a temporary studio for weeks?

1 Like

If I remember correctly, someone (possibly @Read_It_First) said on these forums a while back that QTQ is getting not one but two new control rooms. No doubt all of this has to do with the upgrades to Brisbane’s new set, HD and the upcoming launch of the regional bulletins.

The decision to present a Saturday night edition of Nine News Queensland from Sydney probably has something to do with the control room upgrades in Brisbane.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Brisbane only has one control room now and that is also used to control the GC bulletin - so it will definitely need 2 to run regional bulletins.

6 Likes

6 Likes

QLD bulletin coming from studio 23.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Looks wonderful, includes cross to Gold Coast in HD as well.

3 Likes

Opener

2 Likes

Sport looks like this - studio portion seems to be coming from Brisbane, though clips have HD graphics.

4 Likes

2 Likes

So what does this mean about the actual set? Will they be back in their old studio tomorrow night, with the same old set?

1 Like