Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

Sounds about right. According to the Brisbane City planning scheme, the sites for the 3 commercial stations are zoned as “Utility services”. The ABC/BA tower site is zoned as “Open Space”, and the rest of the bush surrounding all the sites is “Conservation”.

So in short, that land basically can’t be used for anything else other than the TV stations as broadcast towers - they likely wouldn’t even be able to lease excess office space to unrelated 3rd parties. And given the surrounding land’s zoning as conservation, they wouldn’t be able to get the land re-zoned for any other purpose either.

4 Likes

9 News Sydney and 9 News Melbourne.

9 Likes

9 live Sydney and Melbourne!
Love the Hitch VO!

7 Likes

BYO headlines:

Other Sydney caps:

6 Likes

Use the Sydney set ffs!!!

11 Likes

:slight_smile: or DIY.

I’m actually surprised that they seem to be branding it as “Nine News Sydney at 4pm” - I thought they’d run with a more generic name like “Nine News Afternoons” to keep Darwin & NBN happy.

Aside from the corner logo and the titlecard, not really all that much different to the On-Air Presentation we saw on Nine’s Afternoon News last Friday!

6 Likes
8 Likes

Is it easier to run automation through the smaller studio? Power savings as well?

1 Like
10 Likes

I like that backdrop very much, however if you were going to call it LIVE, why would you put a postcard up there?

That said, looks like Melbourne and Sydney have Nine News instead of LIVE, why don’t we just call it: Nine News Sydney/Melbourne, First at 4? (Ten will love this won’t they?)

1 Like

7 Likes

On the first day of the 9 LIVE launch for the rest of the country, you will remember Queensland was branded ‘Nine News/at 4PM Queensland’. However, the ‘Nine Live Queensland’ brand started the following day.

I noticed that the end of Nine News Now it was “It is time now for Nine’s afternoon news”.

1 Like

And Deb keeps referring to the bulletin as Nine’s Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Perhaps they don’t see the need to use the LIVE brand in Sydney and Melbourne because news bulletins are always live in these cities, being the earliest timezone whether or not it is daylight saving.

Melbourne weather:

8 Likes

Is it just me or do we have an excessive amount of news these days?

Is there really a need for the 3-4pm news?

6 Likes

Nine doesn’t have anything else to show. It’s either news or “encores” of their 7:30pm reality programs.

8 Likes

As seen in Queensland prior to the start of the local 4pm news :slight_smile:

This was recorded of SC Nine so not 100% certain it looked like this is Brisbane.

5 Likes

4:30 headlines:

8 Likes