Nine News Content and Appearance (2015-Sept 2020)

The new 9 News Adelaide set is imminent due to Will McDonald doing the news tonight from the flash set which is noticeable due to different audio quality and sport being done from the balcony.

11 Likes

Something looks a bit different heh?

Hint - The backdrop behind Justine.

6 Likes

That side of the set has always been like that in Melbourne. Itā€™s because they have to slide those panels out to film Footy Classified.

5 Likes

With discussion in the Presenters & Reporters thread about a local Melbourne edition of the Afternoon News (presumably branded as ā€œNine Liveā€) with Alicia Loxley launching tomorrow, Iā€™m wondering what the situation will be here in Sydney during the 4pm hour tomorrow.

Presumably the main bulletin presenters will largely remain the same, but with sport permanently being presented from Sydney (up until now, it wasnā€™t uncommon to see Nine Melbourne sports presenters on the semi-national Afternoon News from time to time) and probably Amber/Belinda presenting the weather instead of Livinia?

Should we expect to see the ā€œNine Liveā€ branding here in Sydney or will it just be Nineā€™s Afternoon News as the case is now? Regardless of the name, presumably thereā€™ll be a slightly different (or more national, for the want of a better term) look to distinguish it from the 6pm bulletin?

Content wise, are we expecting to see the bulletin positioned more towards at a local Sydney/NSW audience or are we to expect a watered down ā€œnationalā€ version to cater for the likes of Nine Darwin?

1 Like

Good questions.

My thoughts are that it will be pretty much unchanged in NSW tomorrow, so they can promote and launch a ā€œ9 Liveā€ for Sydney when they are ready.

Why itā€™s not being launched at the same time as Melbourneā€™s is anyoneā€™s guess.

2 Likes

Updated billboard out of the front of 9 Queensland at Mt Coot-tha, this obviously features the new graphics but the previous version had Darren & Allison on it.

10 Likes

Not true! This is what it looked like just a few weeks ago, without the added panelā€¦

1 Like

It looks to me like Nine (in Sydney) seems to have gotten most of the kinks in its 6pm news automation ironed out ??

I havenā€™t seen anywhere near the number of glitches lately that we were seeing earlier this year.

1 Like

New adelaide set is official and probably will be on air tomorrow. I screenshotted this the other day but I forogot about it :grimacing:

12 Likes

Awesome as, canā€™t wait to see :grinning:

1 Like

Surprised that Adelaide will be getting their set before Brisbane as they moved their current set several weeks ago. But this Adelaidian isnā€™t complaining!

6 Likes

Agreed lol

Brisbane needed all new HD compatible equipment installed which could take weeks.
Adelaide just needs the set as they got an all new studio when they moved.

4 Likes

from what I understand, Nine Brisbane also had construction difficulties while implementing the new HD studio. All three stations on Mt Coot-tha, being as old as they are, have some form of asbestos somewhere in the building.

I understand that the studio was originally supposed to begin fit out in January.

9 Likes

Could Brisbane follow other capital cities and relocate channel 9 to a city site in Brisbane CBD? That way they could have a brand new HD studio from day one similar to Perth?

Probably unlikely as unlike the other cities the land in Mt Coot-tha isnā€™t suitable for development so incentive to sell and move elsewhere isnā€™t there.
Iā€™d say that Nineā€™s current investment reconfiguring the studios and implementing HD supports that they have no plans to move elsewhere anytime soon.

4 Likes

Donā€™t the Brisbane commercial stations have something like a 99 year lease on their Mt Coot-tha studios? If so, they might be stuck there for another 40 years or so.

Iā€™m pretty sure the three commercial stations have freehold title over their land as it was sold to them by the city council. The ABC tower is on leased land.

##nine News Budget Special

Tuesday 9 May at 10:30 pm

Budget 2017 with Peter Overton and Nineā€™s Finance Editor Ross Greenwood as well as analysis from Laurie Oakes.

2 Likes

from what I understand, only the council can buy the land back - and they have a standing $1m offer. Thereā€™s also a rumour that the land has to be returned to itā€™s pre leased state (ie, no building and bush)

since Nine are investing heavily in the building - one would assume itā€™s here to stay for a while.